ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers Wrestling Hosting 2019 Final X on June 8 at RAC

Hope AJ’s enjoying himself.

Christian Pyles‏Verified account@CPyles8 23h23 hours ago
Two hammers on their recruiting trip @RUWrestling.

D8fSL4vXYAEFOqO.jpg

Gwiaz beats Gable 4-4 on criteria first match.

Looks like Gable gassed

Last edited:
Cox beats Nickel...

Even Ex NYC Mayor David Dinkins thinks Cox sweats big time

No Love lost between Nelson and Mollinari....
Going to a 3rd and deciding match.
I think these women would like a rematch in the MMA cage

Nick G wins 3-3 on criteria round 2

Gable needs to work on his conditioning....Could not finish on 2 of his shots.
Gable is very good, but he doesn't do himself favor with his body language and attitude.
Hoping that doesn't hold him back as he gets older

Nick G wins 3-3 on criteria round 2

Gable needs to work on his conditioning....Could not finish on 2 of his shots.
Gable is very good, but he doesn't do himself favor with his body language and attitude.
Hoping that doesn't hold him back as he gets older

I saw it as a difference of one being 19 yrs old...The other being 27....

I saw it as a difference of one being 19 yrs old...The other being 27....
I think that's part of it, but the body language that I saw was that the 26 year old is in better condition than the 19 year old. Thus far in his career, Gable has been able to get by on talent and athleticism. Now that he's wrestling with the big boys, who are pretty close to the same talent and athleticism, but they're better conditioned, he needs to step up his conditioning.

I think that's part of it, but the body language that I saw was that the 26 year old is in better condition than the 19 year old. Thus far in his career, Gable has been able to get by on talent and athleticism. Now that he's wrestling with the big boys, who are pretty close to the same talent and athleticism, but they're better conditioned, he needs to step up his conditioning.

Zain and Yanni series was very entertaining. I thought Yanni had the edge going in but Zain stepped up big time. I was rooting for Bo and it was kinda eerie not seeing him have his way for once. As for Steveson, I have always been glad to see him lose. He conducts himself on the mat like an ass. He tried to bring his antics into the RAC and got sent on his way. World class talent with a bratty, teenage mentality. His conditioning AND his attitude need improvement before he can be king of the hill.

He conducts himself on the mat like an ass. He tried to bring his antics into the RAC and got sent on his way.
I've heard this before so I was paying attention to check the validity of it. Although I did see him say something to Gwiz while walking off mat after first match, I saw nothing else that would remotely vqualify as an antic. Also, he was a good sport after losing.

Zain and Yanni series was very entertaining. I thought Yanni had the edge going in but Zain stepped up big time. I was rooting for Bo and it was kinda eerie not seeing him have his way for once. As for Steveson, I have always been glad to see him lose. He conducts himself on the mat like an ass. He tried to bring his antics into the RAC and got sent on his way. World class talent with a bratty, teenage mentality. His conditioning AND his attitude need improvement before he can be king of the hill.
Agree on all counts. I'll save the controversial one for last...

J'Den knows how to get it done. He's been training freestyle exclusively for four or five years, plus Bo came in 10 pounds light. Give him another year of exclusively freestyle. plus come in at weight, and I think it will be a different ballgame.

Steveson has been beaten a lot recently, yet he still can't get his emotions under control. It appeared that he was even yapping after he lost the second one last night, to the point where Gwiz (someone who is respected widely) said something to Gable's corner. I don't know if his coaches talk to him about it or not, but as long as he doesn't get it under control, I'm happy to see him lose.

Zain and Yianni...A lot of credit has to go to Cael and Co. for the change to his gameplan. Much better positional awareness through the takedowns last night, and maybe more importantly, more aware of Yianni's position and Zain avoiding Yianni's strong suits.

Now, here are the two sides to the controversy...
1. Most people are complaining that the review went back 45 seconds, and there's a rule that says the coach has 5 seconds to throw the brick, and you can't throw the brick after the whistle, unless there is a scoring change at the whistle. Okay.
2. There is also a rule that says the referee, and the judge have to agree on a call, and the Mat chair can't independently make a scoring change. If there is a discrepancy, the three have to figure it out, together. In this case, ref went 2 blue, judge went 2 red, and chair went 2 and 2. That's against the rules.

So, what is happening is people are biasing their arguments, based on the rule they like. Of course, I have my bias, but have also stated that I won't be surprised if there's a bumper match. Anyone that declares this clear cut either way is letting whatever bias they have cloud their judgement, IMO.

A third match last night would have been fire! I'd pay to just watch the two of them practice together.

I've heard this before so I was paying attention to check the validity of it. Although I did see him say something to Gwiz while walking off mat after first match, I saw nothing else that would remotely vqualify as an antic. Also, he was a good sport after losing.

Not that it was awful, but he did clap at Gwiz at one point in between engagements. The announcers made reference to it. And you are right, he was a better sport. Maybe he is listening to people and becoming more respectful. It seems as though the higher the competition, the more respect. The lesser of the competition, the more idiotic he becomes with his mannerisms and disrespect. I was still very glad he lost based on what I have seen from him so far.

Gable is 19 years old...
can Gable and Yanni challenge for Juniors?

I would think they would win (Gable would have the harder match)

Reactions: rubigtimenow
You should have seen him during the first half of the collegiate season. One of the biggest punks on the mat that I've ever seen.

They were crazy for changing that score. That place would of been electric for the third match. I can’t beleive the judges switched a score that really wasn’t clear when they could of had a third round of those two. That’s what the 6 thousand people paid to see!!!! Not some bs refs review.

On a more important note, the AJ Ferrari visit went very well from what I heard. Kid had a great time at the tailgate and sat with one of my boys in the lower section for the matches. Pat Downey was also in his ear big time.

He pretty much knows he can be a star here. This race with Okie State ain’t over folks.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT