ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers Wrestling Incoming Class Ranked #12

Lewis is definitely the better prospect - he looks strong and huge blending well in the college room.I actually heard he wrestled with an injured kneecap his sophomore year that needed surgery.He lost his first match wrestling at the state tournament and reeled of 6 straight matches for third .That's a tough kid..

Lewis is definitely the better prospect - he looks strong and huge blending well in the college room.I actually heard he wrestled with an injured kneecap his sophomore year that needed surgery.He lost his first match wrestling at the state tournament and reeled of 6 straight matches for third .That's a tough kid..

Don’t sell Glasgow short. They both have unlimited potential and very high wrestling iq’s/ceilings. Both are tremendously athletic as well. Remember, Glasgow beat 3 timer Shane Griffith in the NJ State Finals. I’m not sure we can find a better win for Lewis in HS.

Don’t sell Glasgow short. They both have unlimited potential and very high wrestling iq’s/ceilings. Both are tremendously athletic as well. Remember, Glasgow beat 3 timer Shane Griffith in the NJ State Finals. I’m not sure we can find a better win for Lewis in HS.

Agreed his potential is high overall. Yes he beat Griffith "twice" in one season which is tough to do.I can't wait to see the Rutgers coaching staff develop him into a AA .Expectations are high so the hope is he reaches that pinnacle.

Rutgers recruiting class ranked # 17 by the Open Mat. This ranking is more realistic than the Intermat ranking as there are too many question marks. Last year Robinson underperformed, Brenner did not repeat, Lightner was injured all year, and Jones and Ciarmella are career practice partners.

17) Rutgers

#3 at 182 Billy Janzer (Delsea, NJ) 184

#4 at 120 Nic Aguilar (Gilroy, CA) 125

#11 at 138 Jake Benner (Ocean Township, NJ) 141

JC Ciaremella (Marvin Ridge, NC) 174

Jerry Jones (Caldwell, NJ) 157

Kyle Lightner (Delaware Valley, NJ) 197

Malcolm Robinson (Blair Academy, NJ) 149

Rutgers class is heavily reliant on two top 50 recruits Nic Aguilar, a California state champion, and two-time New Jersey champion Billy Janzer. Aguilar will be needed, if and when, NCAA runner-up Nick Suriano moves up to 133 lbs. Signing such a high-level recruit from California is another mark of how far this program has come under head coach Scott Goodale. Janzer, one of the top 184 lb recruits in the nation, will be able to take over for Nick Gravina after he uses his sixth year of eligibility. Jake Benner and Malcolm Robinson will bring depth to the middleweights. Benner is two-time New Jersey finalist, and Robinson was a 2017 National Prep champion that had a bit of a down senior season, at least by his standards.

Robinson will be 133. Already at that weight reportedly.

Lightner already a Heavy weight. Reportedly now around 250.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT