ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers Wrestling NCAA Championship Results & Update Thread (All Sessions)

Agreed. I never want a man to be fired or lose his job, but RU upper weights are not upto par. A change is needed.

Ashnault will face Central Michigan's No. 10 Zachary Horan (22-4) and Theobold takes on Virginia Tech's No. 7 Sal Mastriani (25-10) in the championship second round.

DelVecchio takes on Lehigh's No. 10 Mason Beckman (26-6) in the consolation first round.
Perrotti also wrestles a former EIWA opponent in Columbia's Markus Scheidel (17-9).

Smith faces Jacob Kettler (27-12) of George Mason in the consolation first round later this evening.

The second session of the NCAA Championships begins at 7 p.m. EST at the Scottrade Center. Wrestleback preliminaries, wrestleback first round and the championship second round will be wrestled Thursday evening.

Nice win by Theo and Ash looked good.

Ash needs to hold serve and move on.

Myers from MD beat Telford from Iowa at HWY. Wow.

Just makes you wonder what Myers could do if he was a full-year wrestler and not a football player.

Hey cabbagehead. The thing is track wrestling has this stupid skip subscribe thing blocking my mobile phone screen and I cant hit either or get rid of it in any way. Lol

DelVecchio gets a seeded former AA in the first consi round. thats tough. although looks like it wouldve been a tough match with Rauser too.

Smith, Perotti and Ash should be favorites, and I like Theo's chances too. tonights round should be fun.

and agreed on Myers. what an athlete. great job getting the upset over Big Bobby T. Hawkeyes did not like that one.

I missed all the action this afternoon as my manager decided to spend the day with me in the field calling on accounts, lol ugh! Tonight , tomorrow and Saturday I am focused ! Sucks about AP losing, bummer. Will be checking on the Ash's and Theo's opponents. I do know Sal Mastriani wrestled at Don Bosco, not sure if he faced either Theo or Ash in HS.

This post was edited on 3/19 6:18 PM by Abro1975

Ash is wrestling extremely well. Balanced and composed but showing some burst when needed. He has a real punchers chance in the quarters the way he's wrestling.

No. 7 Anthony Ashnault will wrestle No. 2 Mitchell Port (Edinboro) tomorrow in the quarterfinals in Session Three (11 AM start).
Anthony Ashnault (28-6) is 1st quarterfinalist for #RUWR since '11. He faces No. 2 seed and 2x AA Mitchell Port (35-1) tomorrow #d1wrestle
This post was edited on 3/19 9:07 PM by Tango Two

Don't know too much about Port. Does Ash have a real shot against him? Would you call it a longshot or can he go toe to toe with him ? Thanks.

Port's legit. This is the type of match that the B1G regular season hopefully prepares him for.

Delvecchio loses 9-4 and is eliminated. Not a great showing from him.

Originally posted by Tango Two:
149: Ken Theobold drops his second round match, 11-6, to No. 7 Sal Mastriani (VA Tech).

He drops into wrestle backs
Mastriani is from Montville NJ

Looks awful. Can't do anything on his feet. People know his game now and how he likes to Mat wrestle. Oh well. Very disappointing.

At least Perrotti has another year.

He's gunna be p***d with the way this season ended. Didn't see him going 0-2. He's better than that.

Up & down year, that unfortunately ended on a down note.

Something is up. Maybe sick, hurt or too sucked out. You don't lose to a guy you techd 15-0 a month ago. He didn't get a TD.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Look at the second wrestleback block for 141. 5 Dziewa and 6 Dardanes wrestle to make top 16. The winner of that gets the winner of 3 Mayes and ISU's Rodriguez. The winner of that match gets the loser of 1 Stieber and 9 Abidin in the blood round. 3, 5, 6, and 9 all wrestling for the chance to medal. On the other hand, whoever does win seems to have a good shot at the 3/4 match as the other seeded wrestlers on that half are 10, 11, 14, and 15 barring a huge upset.

This post was edited on 3/19 10:20 PM by theacks1

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT