ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers Wrestling Unveils Full 2023-24 Schedule

Tango Two

Aug 21, 2001
North Brunswick, New Jersey
Rutgers wrestling unveiled its entire 2023-24 competition schedule. The slate includes nine home duals, seven matchups with ranked opponents and four home dates against Big Ten Conference foes.

Reactions: Peteras9144
Awesome, Think I will go to stubhub and see Rider match!
I try to see one match a year

Great schedule overall.

Kind of surprised to see that we aren’t going to any holiday or new years tournaments this year. Wonder what the reasoning behind that is.

,"RU will send several student-athletes to compete attached at the 2023 Midlands Championships at the end of the month."

Can a starter wrestle unattached?

Great schedule overall.

Kind of surprised to see that we aren’t going to any holiday or new years tournaments this year. Wonder what the reasoning behind that is.
Interesting. Anyone know why? PSU also isn't wrestling in a holiday tourney and will be at the Black Knight tourney. I don't love all of the matches that aren't on the traditional Fri/Sun split and some back to back days: at UPenn Sat 1/6 with Rider Sun 1/7, MN Sat 1/27, at PSU Mon 2/12, Bloomsburg Wed 2/21. Makes it harder to attend. A big reason I gave up basketball season tickets was because it was too hard to get to games. Fri and Sun were predictable and pretty easy to attend. Saturdays are tough and probably out for most with NJ HS wrestling. Mon and Wed are very odd.

Last edited:
385874591_893734618785506_2020925923422154283_n.jpg

Great schedule overall.

Good Observation. A lot of college wrestlers will be competing on Dec. 15, 2023 at the: US Senior Nationals. If we have guys competing that should get them tournament experience. Also the Bill Farrell Memorial is in November and hopefully we have guys competing. However, it may be the same weekend as Va. Tech.

We have a number of duals that will test our guys. Some of the duals such as Bloomsburg, Duke, and Buffalo will be a great chance for back-ups to get experience. Really want some of our top guys to get tournament experience before the Big Tens.

Last edited:
Interesting. Anyone know why? PSU also isn't wrestling in a holiday tourney and will be at the Black Knight tourney. I don't love all of the matches that aren't on the traditional Fri/Sun split and some back to back days: at UPenn Sat 1/6 with Rider Sun 1/7, MN Sat 1/27, at PSU Mon 2/12, Bloomsburg Wed 2/21. Makes it harder to attend. A big reason I gave up basketball season tickets was because it was too hard to get to games. Fri and Sun were predictable and pretty easy to attend. Saturdays are tough and probably out for most with NJ HS wrestling. Mon and Wed are very odd.
PSU match is the day after the super bowl. I would think that has something to do with that weird date, maybe PSU expects lower attendance for a Sunday match. Saturday matches are definitely weird though.

Reactions: Leonard23
Rutgers at PSU is their Only home match this season at Bryce Jordan Arena ( 16,000)...Every other match is at Rec Hall ( 6,600) ... You can expect a huge/sold out crowd for this one..They have sold out Rec Hall the last 62 Home matches and fill Bryce Jordan anytime they wrestle there...Match will be the the biggest crowd RU has Ever faced in a Away Dual meet...Cant wait..It will be Electric

Last edited:
Reactions: Bobbynieds
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT