ADVERTISEMENT

Ryan Johnson

PhilaPhans

Best Poster Ever!
Apr 23, 2005
Gibbstown, NJ
I know we're pretty loaded in numbers at the 2 with Daniels, Williams, Goode, etc, but do you guys see him as more of a 2 or a 3? Does he have the handle for a guard spot (not necessarily PG, but just as a G)?

Also, how do you think his game compares to Laurent?

do you mean loaded in terms of quantity or talent? i read the word loaded way too much on this site!

I know we're pretty loaded in numbers at the 2 with Daniels, Williams, Goode, etc, but do you guys see him as more of a 2 or a 3? Does he have the handle for a guard spot (not necessarily PG, but just as a G)?

Also, how do you think his game compares to Laurent?

I thought Johnson was going to play 2/3 positions? Does Johnson have an outside shot?

do you mean loaded in terms of quantity or talent? i read the word loaded way too much on this site!

I wrote "loaded with numbers" which means quantity. If we had three Corey Sanders type players, then you could infer that we were loaded in talent, haha.

I'm just wondering how much time he gets at the 2 with a senior in Daniels, a returner in Williams, and a partial RS in Goode. One of those guys probably will back up Corey at the 1 next year, opening some time.

The time is there at the 3 to split with Laurent (or a 3 guard lineup), so I'm also wondering what differentiates those two in their style of play.

I think he could play both. One thing about EJ recruits is that they're all long players. Wingspans,etc. EJ has a couple different ways he could play this roster.

Think about this next sentence. Ryan Johnsons high school team played the best team in the country two years ago and Ryan Johnson was said to be the clear cut best shooter on the floor.

Johnson is more of a shooter than Laurent is. Laurent is more of a slasher who seems to attack the rim possession after possession. Laurent may be a little more athletic. They're about the same height, but both need time strengthening and eating to be truly effective at this level.

I expect both to contribute this year. I am excited about both of them..

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT