ADVERTISEMENT

Sanders Buzz / Making it Pay off For RU

RutgersMO

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Jun 24, 2001
Rutgers & NJ @ Heart
Sanders signing / tapes might as well have been a 5 star.

John Wall (NBA all star) tweeted he's a "Corey Sanders fan". That means he'll have a following at the NBA level....and of course vis a vis so will Rutgers.

Just wondering. How did we land this kid. He seems to be head and shoulders above anything we've had here for quite some time....and may be able to help alums (like me and you) to write checks to get the facilities we need to attract more Sanders types.

What is truly amazing is that it seems like this kid could have gone anywhere....but he chose Rutgers. I realize he didn't have a large # of offers...but there's no lack of myopia in any sport when judging talent.

Could just having Corey on the team / then TEARING it up....making a statement, be enough to land (G'd forbid I mention this: 4-5 star recruits whether from Jersey or not)?

Hope so.

GO RU

MO

Last edited:
I'm sure having Corey is helping us big time with Kwe Parker.

Having an amazing Point Guard in college basketball is a game changer.

Just from the tapes, Sanders may be the best RU PG in like forever. Who else? I remember Fred Hill gushing about Corey Chandler, but this kid looks way better. Earl Duncan? He lacks the athleticism. Same with the Billets. Damon Santiago his senior year? No. I'd say the closest is the Head Coach himself!

i think this kid is a difference maker. he appears to be a type of kid who leads and has that 'it' factor. he shows a lot of fight, and has the personality where kids gravitate toward him.

Reactions: PiscatawayMike
Let's wait until he is uniform. Everything we know about him is on paper. People are already comparing him to Eddie Jordan?

There is probably a reason more than academics the top schools were not interested in him.

I am cautiously optimistic, but I am also a realist. In the past the best Scarlet Knights have been the ones that didn't have the hype and those that had the hype underachieved.

You got some people saying he isn't coachable. His personality turned a lot of "college" coaches off. Mix that with the academics and some felt it wasn't worth it. Some tried to get back in once his academics where ok but he was set on RU. Coach Jordan has coached the NBA and has dealt with all type of egotistical players. He coached freaking Jason Kidd. He can throw names and show pictures of his former players. Kidd, Iverson, Bryant, Arenas, Nash, and Swaggy P lol. The list goes on. You see all this buzz gaining steam on the program because he is landing kids. If he gets Kwe. It's going to get REAL!!!!!

Reactions: vascosg
Sanders will do well here. Remember, this is a eighteen year old kid that a lot of pressure is being put on. He is a phenomenal kid, has infectious energy, and will be able to succeed at this level.

I think tampering expectations could help a lot of us out come season time. If you folks want to get really excited, do it. This program is in an interesting time period. I think Sanders will score eight points per game and play some defense, but what I am more excited about is how having him here has the ability to bring more people to the program.

Have him come, Kwe parker come, and then all of a sudden a game changer like Bashir Ahmed might come. Then we are looking at a team that has the potential of a seventeen plus win season.

A lot of fans here have suffered enough. Feel the excitement Corey Sanders brings. I am excited as well. Just trying to tamper my expectations a little as he is still just a eighteen year old.

Everybody's an All-American before the season starts. Let's see it against the B1G's best when it counts.

Excellent. It's building even faster than I expected. I'm going to benchmark him as Steph Curry by the end of June. The kid keeps getting better and better. His off-season progress is astounding. That, plus the massive buzz surrounding the program, is taking things to another level. Has the ticket office sold out the season yet?

Reactions: bac2therac
I know there is still some reluctance from some....

Rutgers Fanboi: Luke, you do not yet realize your importance. You have only begun to discover your power. Join me, and I will complete your training. With our combined strength, we can end this destructive conflict and bring order to the NCAA and B1G.
Rutgers Realist: I'll never join you!
Rutgers Fanboi: If you only knew the power of Rutgers and The RAC. Obi-Wan never told you what happened to your father.
Rutgers Realist: He told me enough! He told me *you* killed him!
Rutgers Fanboi: No. *I* am your father.
Rutgers Realist: No. No. That's not true. That's impossible!
Rutgers Fanboi: Search your feelings, you *know* it to be true!
Rutgers Realist: [anguished] No! No!

Let's dare to dream.

Reactions: Rutgers81
Excellent. It's building even faster than I expected. I'm going to benchmark him as Steph Curry by the end of June. The kid keeps getting better and better. His off-season progress is astounding. That, plus the massive buzz surrounding the program, is taking things to another level. Has the ticket office sold out the season yet?

Sanders hasn't proved anything yet, but thank God we have you on this board to champion the cause of squashing out even any small fraction of hope or optimism remaining for RU ball fans.

Reactions: RUMountie
Excellent. It's building even faster than I expected.

Faster than expected?

Mean the 24 straight non-winning conf seasons was just a waiting period?

Sanders is certainly a top talent...and he could have major impact on the program for several years...as he is walking into almost a perfect situation of major guaranteed playing time...which many players look for during the recruiting process.

He should improve a lot in non-conf Nov/Dec play which will only help him once conf play starts.

Rosario is the player who came in with similar hype......One could argue that Rosario was a more legitimate superstar in waiting......He was
possibly one missed three point shot at the end of the McDonalds all American game from winning the MVP.....think about that......

Rosario had a very impressive offer list, Sanders, possibly due to grades, not nearly....some decent programs, but not on the same level

the difference here is Sanders is a quicker, more electric guard....one like we have never had in decades.....we have not had a guard that
could penetrate the defense with a fast first step, a cross over dribble, in a long time....that can do wonders for scoring, by both Sanders and the rest of the team.....Sanders is a more dangerous player to the opponent.

I fully expect we will have games where he looks like an all American....and other games where you will want to pull your hair out.....

Jordan might be the perfect coach to relate to him, to harness Sanders skill......I look forward to his play.

Last edited:
He was viewed as an academic risk.

Just have a gut feel that he is one of those guys who might look like an 'academic risk' - might even enjoy letting people make that assumption - but in reality, has it all covered - knows what he has to get done.

You have to take a gamble on Sanders. I don't know him personally, but his personality will certainly help this team.

Reactions: Knight_Light
Fig, you have no business using the word "optimistic". You have no idea what the word means. You are nothing but a black cloud on this board and everything to you is an empty glass-not half full nor half empty. And no, you are also not a "realist". You only see the negative side to everything Rutgers does. Good things are starting to happen for this program.

For once, since I have been reading this board, Rutgers is bringing in a player who has generated a positive, hopeful presence to a stale program, and most people (not you, of course) are looking forward to his arrival and what he potentially can do to elevate the program. Will he be all he is touted to be? Nobody knows, but it be fun finding out.

Try getting on the train. It won't hurt...

Fig, you have no business using the word "optimistic". You have no idea what the word means. You are nothing but a black cloud on this board and everything to you is an empty glass-not half full nor half empty. And no, you are also not a "realist". You only see the negative side to everything Rutgers does. Good things are starting to happen for this program.

For once, since I have been reading this board, Rutgers is bringing in a player who has generated a positive, hopeful presence to a stale program, and most people (not you, of course) are looking forward to his arrival and what he potentially can do to elevate the program. Will he be all he is touted to be? Nobody knows, but it be fun finding out.

I have nothing but good things to say about kids like Mike Williams and Shaq Doorson and i go to almost every game and cheer loudly.

I have nothing but good things to say about kids like Mike Williams and Shaq Doorson and i go to almost every game and cheer loudly.

FIG looks for negatives. That's what he is....let's just accept it and move on.

FIG looks for negatives. That's what he is....let's just accept it. He has a sharp eye. He's the guy that looked at Sanders' tape and criticized him for his laces not being properly tied.

Last edited:
FIG looks for negatives. That's what he is....let's just accept it and move on.

FIG looks for negatives. That's what he is....let's just accept it. He has a sharp eye. He's the guy that looked at Sanders' tape and criticized him for his laces not being properly tied.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT