ADVERTISEMENT

***Saturday Practice Notes***

bobby deren

Heisman Winner
Feb 8, 2007
It was a very spirited practice inside the bubble today with a lot of hitting as it was the first day in full pads ... Flood said as far as the qbs go, "we have a lot of work to do". . Flood also mentioned a couple guys who jumped out at him on the d-line today were Sebastian Joseph and Julian Pinnix-Odrick ... Players who caught my eye - Steve Longa , Darius Hamilton, Des Peoples, Delon Stephenson, Kemoko Turay, Tariq Cole ... I spoke with Steve Long afterwards and he is up to 233. He also said he is able to maintain that weight relatively easy ... Flood said it's hard to really assess his early enrollees this early, but he did say it is good that they don't stick out because they are able to run through the drills without essentially being lost ... As far as the center position goes, Flood said the centers may not have operated as well today with some new things going in ... Derrick Nelson told me he is up to 295 pounds and feeling very good out there at the center position and is also very animated on the field. He said he is trying to really lead now that he is running first team reps ... more to come

This post was edited on 4/4 1:26 PM by Bobby Deren

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News