ADVERTISEMENT

Scarlet Open Observations

RUKnights86

Junior
Gold Member
Apr 6, 2016
Was able to attend the Scarlet Open today at Top Golf and wanted to provide my observations. Those who attended also feel free to comment.

First & foremost Geo and the Knight Society should be proud of the event that they put on so now onto the observations.

1. Coach Pike is really a genuine guy. He was nice enough to spend about 5 minutes or so talking to me 1:1 about various topics pertaining to NIL and recruiting in todays environment. He even made some funny comments about programs who have more NIL but we continue to beat on the court and slick Rick coming back to the area. Also his passion for his players really shows in talking about them like a proud father.

2. The rest of the staff are really good guys as well. Got to talk to both coach Knight and Williamson and really down to earth guys.

3. Spent most of the time hanging with Mawot. He really is a nice young man to talk with not just about on the court items (they arent going to rush him back is my sense) but also just about life and growing up away from family.

4. Jmike has a very lively personality. Very social and you can sense he will be a high energy guy.

5. Austin Johnson was a pleasure to talk to just about everyday life.

6. Cliff is an absolute physical specimen.

Other guest appearances included Ron Harper Jr.,Luke Nathan and Eric LeGrand

Great event hope its annual and it can really take off.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News