ADVERTISEMENT

Schiano’s QB Conundrum…

mb5789

All Conference
Gold Member
Feb 2, 2005
Schiano has said all season that Rutgers has achieved its primary goal of getting to a bowl. I’d argue that it was the 1A goal of the season, with the 1B goal being determining if Gavin Wimsatt is the long term answer at QB. I think it’s pretty obvious at this point that he’s not the guy and would need a massive improvement to get us to where we’re ultimately trying to get.

Here lies the conundrum:

The transfer portal has seen some very good lower level QBs enter and some high profile names begin to trickle in. RU will have about a month between today and it’s bowl game (likely 12/28 for the Pinstripe Bowl).

Realistically, they can’t just wait until after the bowl to pursue a QB if they would like one. Almost everyone will have found a new home by then.

IF GS and company decide to pursue a QB, they have to do so in the process of preparing for a bowl and host prospects during bowl prep. Obviously that’s incredibly awkward and I’m not fully convinced they will pursue a QB.

BUT… if they do, it will be interesting to see how they handle the delicate situation.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News