ADVERTISEMENT

SEC stinks

they are 1-5? 3, 4, 6, and 7 seeds losing to lower seeded teams. 8 seed blown out

great showing.

Reactions: tm_nj
Now if we think critically about this maybe we’ll realize how silly the Big Ten threads were the last couple of years.
Yup. Randomness never a great thing to base an argument around.

That said, if tourney results are important, yes the BIG hasn't won it all in a long time. And the last few years have been subpar. But if you go back to 2000 the current BIG has had SEVEN different schools either win it all (I'm including Maryland here) or finished as runner up. I doubt any other league has more than 2 or 3.

Wasn't Auburn their conference champ? And, they lost in the 1st round?!

That said - it kinda' looks like they're suffering from the same thing the B1G suffered from the last couple of years. Lots of teams make it to the tournament but bad showing in the tournament.

Fail Black And White GIF

Big East results most impressive because all three teams getting NCAA bids made the quarter finals.
I don't think you can make a strong judgment on the Big East yet considering #9 seed Nwestern (missing Berry) is their "best" win so far. They earned their seeds and that by definition means weak first round matchups, but beating a 16, 15, 11 (in double OT), 10 and 9 doesn't really jump out to me.

Reactions: Mr Magoo
I don't think you can make a strong judgment on the Big East yet considering #9 seed Nwestern (missing Berry) is their "best" win so far. They earned their seeds and that by definition means weak first round matchups, but beating a 16, 15, 11 (in double OT), 10 and 9 doesn't really jump out to me.
This. Wisconsin and Nebraska disappointed but Purdue, Illinois, Michigan State and NW did what their seeding projected.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT