ADVERTISEMENT

Semi OT-Texas A&M Is A Complete And Total Dumpster Fire As Players Are Suspended

BROTHERSKINNY

Heisman Winner
Oct 21, 2010
It’s been an absolute train wreck of a season for the Texas A&M Aggies. They are 3-4 on the season and tied for last in the SEC West with a 1-3 conference record. And, they’ve embarrassed themselves off the field, too Their loss to lowly South Carolina on Saturday was especially humiliating, as they fell behind 17-0 early and never recovered.

That’s a lot of losses for a recruiting class they allegedly paid millions and millions of NIL dollars for. And now, more embarrassing news is surfacing.

Some Star Texas A&M Recruits Are Getting Suspended, According To Reports​

Reports broke late Monday evening on Twitter that some Aggies players would be suspended.
Rumors started that it was due to some of the recruits of the star-studded freshman class trying to convince others to transfer.

While it is unclear as to why they were suspended, the rumor mill has already started churning.
The players alleged to be involved are some pretty big names, and all were top 100 recruits in America.

https://highlyclutch.com/texas-am-dumpster-fire/

Massive concern with NIL $ and what really binds a kid to a school let alone staying there and doing whatever they want

Jimbo gonna Jimbo
Watch for him to bolt to Auburn
That was his first choice after FSU, but Gus beat Bama saving his job

Jimbo gonna Jimbo
Watch for him to bolt to Auburn
That was his first choice after FSU, but Gus beat Bama saving his job
And why would Auburn want him considering what's happening at A&M? He's been there 5 years now and his results aren't up to the standards they want. Why would they be up to Auburn's, especially at that price.

Fisher owes a lot to Jameis Winston. I don't remember the numbers but on another pod they went over his record post Winston and it's nothing special. He hasn't done much after him and he'scertainly not living up to his big fat contract. That's why I always say, I like to see the faces change when judging a coach. So it's not a player or group of players that gave him his success but it's the coach who is the constant and has done it with different players.

Reactions: eddynyse
And why would Auburn want him considering what's happening at A&M? He's been there 5 years now and his results aren't up to the standards they want. Why would they be up to Auburn's, especially at that price.

Fisher owes a lot to Jameis Winston. I don't remember the numbers but on another pod they went over his record post Winston and it's nothing special. He hasn't done much after him and he'scertainly not living up to his big fat contract. That's why I always say, I like to see the faces change when judging a coach. So it's not a player or group of players that gave him his success but it's the coach who is the constant and has done it with different players.
There's not a lot of marquee coaches out there
They have little brother syndrome to the T, and Jimmy Rane & Co. could be looking to make a splash

Re. Jameis, Jimbo owes his career to him. Once in a generation QB. Funny thing is he was going to Bama until Demayre Craig took over his recruitment

Another crazy thing is Jimbo never changed signals after losing Demayre to Auburn. In the first half of the CG, Auburn was calling out the plays as they knew the signals. Kelvin of all people was screaming to Jimbo they had our plays, and in the second half Jimbo finally adjusted the signals

Reactions: thegock
This is why NIL is going to cause problems for schools who are doing it at an extreme level. When you hire mercenaries they stay mercenaries.
Then you replace them with other mercanaries until you get it right
Guys going to Bama before NIL were mercaneries
Going where best chance to go pro is

Reactions: gef21
He's no Super Mario. He's not even at Level 1 yet.
Never saw the attraction in him.
He could turn it around.

mario-game.gif

Reactions: rutgersguy1
I get the feeling some of these kids feel they are now financially set for life, there's no need to continue working so hard and can now, essentially, retire having received an NIL of $100,000 or whatever. Probably more money than many of them have ever seen before.

Arguably, kids who don't get an NIL deal are still hungry and busting their butts to make it big.

Reactions: cicero grimes
This is why NIL is going to cause problems for schools who are doing it at an extreme level. When you hire mercenaries they stay mercenaries.

Great point, but I’ll put a spin on it.

Im not saying that NIL won’t bring down CFB. If probably will, just not for the obvious reasons.

I think we all know this stuff has been around forever, see USC bagman article above. Because of that, I have always maintained that NIL will probably not change the end results much at all - the top 25 schools from the past 50 years will still be same, still win almost all of the games, still make almost all of the money, still call ALL the shots.

But what IS different about NIL - what was once done and, if at all, only talked about in secret and hushed tones, is now out in the WIDE THE FRIG open. Celebrated. Bragged about. What affect does this new normal have on the players? The team dynamic? Motivations? Results? Remember, we are talking about almost all squishy brained teenagers here. They, by definition, are NOT end product. They are usually not rational. Plus, we are talking about special teenagers that have been mostly celebrated since they dominated flag. How does this current environment manifest and drive things? What happens when the verboten is now normalized? Weimar, anyone? (NOTE: extreme semi nonsensical example used almost exclusively for comedic effect, lol)

All this stuff is so fascinating. I can see a sociologist/etc. having a lot of fun trying to figure it all out. Of course by then, it will be too late. So, until then…just sit back and watch the show…

Willkommen, Bienvenue, Welcome!

I get the feeling some of these kids feel they are now financially set for life, there's no need to continue working so hard and can now, essentially, retire having received an NIL of $100,000 or whatever. Probably more money than many of them have ever seen before.

Arguably, kids who don't get an NIL deal are still hungry and busting their butts to make it big.
Remember going away for college being on your own for the first time?

Now imagine these kids getting all this money they've never seen before without any guidance, being alone to make their own decisions.

It's a no brainer this type of things are going to happen.

Remember going away for college being on your own for the first time?
Hell yeah, I remember. I was there a week prior to classes starting, for freshmen orientation. Was sitting outside my dorm waiting for it to open up and a pretty girl (a human girl, @DJ Spanky) came up and introduced herself to me and we were in bed together less than an hour later.

Safe to say I LOVED being away at college on my own for the first time. 😀

Hell yeah, I remember. I was there a week prior to classes starting, for freshmen orientation. Was sitting outside my dorm waiting for it to open up and a pretty girl (a human girl, @DJ Spanky) came up and introduced herself to me and we were in bed together less than an hour later.

Safe to say I LOVED being away at college on my own for the first time. 😀
But what about when you then discovered later that hookers and blow weren’t free…

• Haha
Reactions: thegock and mildone
How long ago was this and what is the SOL for IRS…I would think they would go right after him after he made the statement

I don't think there is one if he didn't file a return those years. If he filed the years he got these "gifts" (around 2005) I think it's gone. Not sure how high a priority the IRS would give this.

I don't think there is one if he didn't file a return those years. If he filed the years he got these "gifts" (around 2005) I think it's gone. Not sure how high a priority the IRS would give this.
Looks like it would be well beyond the SOL…
But they would certainly have someone look at it after such a public statement

With NIL it is quite possible that the elite 20 - 25 teams may be able to "hire" all the talent they need to stay on top for a long, long, long time.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT