ADVERTISEMENT

Sorry about that, but we are back!

Richie O

Hall of Famer
Staff
Mar 21, 2016
South Amboy, NJ
Earlier today, one of Rivals' service providers experienced a global outage that caused the site to be inaccessible for several hours. This is a platform outside of our network or our control and many sites were impacted by this outage, not just Rivals. I want to apologize to those of you who were not able to access the site earlier today. All operations are now restored and we will be working with this provider to ensure that the issue that caused today's outage has been fixed and will not reoccur.

Reactions: Jm0513
And once again, I thought I forgot to pay the bill. Looked back at the credit card statement and "Ah ha, it's them"

giphy.gif

Last edited:
No need to apologize. It clearly wasn't your fault and there was nothing reasonable you could do about it.

Glad rivals is back up for the game tonight.

Reactions: 29PAS and Jm0513
Earlier today, one of Rivals' service providers experienced a global outage that caused the site to be inaccessible for several hours. This is a platform outside of our network or our control and many sites were impacted by this outage, not just Rivals. I want to apologize to those of you who were not able to access the site earlier today. All operations are now restored and we will be working with this provider to ensure that the issue that caused today's outage has been fixed and will not reoccur.
Wrong plug? :)

IdenticalWelldocumentedErin-max-1mb.gif

I don't get the choice of the word FORBIDEN.
I'm Thinking what the heck?

That's a standard web server error. For some reason associated with this outage you and the rest of us I expect were not authorized to see content. That error either can indicate a permissions error or is so deep inside the infrastructure you seeing it is misleading.

Unless you're an IT engineer the best way to understand what was going on is the dinosaur video posted below. ; )

That's a standard web server error. For some reason associated with this outage you and the rest of us I expect were not authorized to see content. That error either can indicate a permissions error or is so deep inside the infrastructure you seeing it is misleading.

Unless you're an IT engineer the best way to understand what was going on is the dinosaur video posted below. ; )
Yahoo!'s server power source this afternoon:

hamster-wheel-sleeping-hamtaro-yjqk3vz2mm8yg1uf.gif

This evening:

https%3A%2F%2Fbucketeer-e05bbc84-baa3-437e-9518-adb32be77984.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fpublic%2Fimages%2F3be47ac2-50ab-483e-8d06-5702389df4e2_380x215.gif

• Haha
Reactions: RUScrew85
I was getting Rivals, withdrawal shakes while the server was down. Glad to see it didn't last too long.

I saw the word "Forbidden" and thought that perhaps Rivals isn't permitted in Singapore, where I had just arrived. It's happened a few other times in other countries, also with no explanation. I'm now back in AZ and see this, which explains why it happened.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT