ADVERTISEMENT

Student Section Today

Hopefully RU fans heckled them good.

Wisky fans talk so much junk about RU Football
There was a Wisky fan sitting in front of us - had someone's season seats (105, A, 3 and 4 I believe) - who just sat there like a lump on a log the entire time, with his kid, and when they were leaving I said - NOT sarcastically - "hey buddy hope you had a nice time here today." Well....he took it the wrong way....and then realized he had his 5-year old with him before being an idiot lol!!

• Sad
Reactions: DoyleRU
There was a Wisky fan sitting in front of us - had someone's season seats (105, A, 3 and 4 I believe) - who just sat there like a lump on a log the entire time, with his kid, and when they were leaving I said - NOT sarcastically - "hey buddy hope you had a nice time here today." Well....he took it the wrong way....and then realized he had his 5-year old with him before being an idiot lol!!
Was he drunk? I wouldn’t put it past a Wisky fan to get sauced while with his young kid

Nice dig at him! 👍

Was he drunk? I wouldn’t put it past a Wisky fan to get sauced while with his young kid

Nice dig at him! 👍
Wasn't drunk....at all....and I was actually trying to be NICE! Yes, I know, shocking but nonetheless wasn't taking.a "dig" (which I tried to tell him when he gave me a "look"....but to no avail).

@Scarlet Shack can vouch for me!

Last edited:
There weren't that many. People like to exaggerate. A couple hundred at best.
I’d would say more than a couple hundred. I sit up in the 300’s and we always have a lot of opposing team fan’s amongst us. I would say there were at least an 100 wisky fans in 304 and 204 alone. Indiana, Purdue and Wisconsin in particular tend too show up en mass. They travel well. Even if it’s only a couple hundred, that’s a couple hundred too much! In a small area like the RAC, even a few hundred stand out.

I’d would say more than a couple hundred. I sit up in the 300’s and we always have a lot of opposing team fan’s amongst us. I would say there were at least an 100 wisky fans in 304 and 204 alone. Indiana, Purdue and Wisconsin in particular tend too show up en mass. They travel well. Even if it’s only a couple hundred, that’s a couple hundred too much! In a small area like the RAC, even a few hundred stand out.
It's a noon Saturday game. There are thousands of Wiscy alumni in NJ and NYC. A couple hundred, to see their team play in NJ, is really to be expected IMHO. They weren't even noticeable during the game.

• Haha
Reactions: Unionst and DoyleRU
How many RU fans are at games in Wisky as a comparison?

• Haha
Reactions: Local Shill
what was worst about the previous game when the whole football team took over the student section, 90% left after halftime. I guess it wasn't worth their time to support the basketball team. And thus the student section was empty for the second half....(while they turned away a 1000 students prior to the game) Not a good look for the football team or Schiano.

I know there were empty seats in the student section. I think there were a few reasons. One might have been the football recruits taking many seats and students being turned away at the door. Secondly our last home game our team had a horrible game and Penn State beat us badly. Maybe some students didn't want to see that again. Thirdly I assume many students were out partying Friday night and were still sleeping at noon on game day. Either way with over 30,000 full time students we should easily fill that section for every home game.

How many RU fans are at games in Wisky as a comparison?
How many RU alums live in Wisconsin as a comparison?

There were a few hundred of them, very quiet as you would expect given how the game went.

Generally speaking, I don't have many problems with most visiting B1G fanbases at the RAC. Indiana being the exception -- so full of themselves

I know there were empty seats in the student section. I think there were a few reasons. One might have been the football recruits taking many seats and students being turned away at the door. Secondly our last home game our team had a horrible game and Penn State beat us badly. Maybe some students didn't want to see that again. Thirdly I assume many students were out partying Friday night and were still sleeping at noon on game day. Either way with over 30,000 full time students we should easily fill that section for every home game.
My twin freshmen were turned away for Purdue and today they were volunteering filling out tax returns for underprivileged as part of one of their business clubs. Pretty much any start time besides noon they would have been there. Pretty sure their “excuse” is not the norm lol.

The student section was 85-90% filled up against Wisconsin.

Problem for students is if you do not buy the student pass for football or basketball you have to wait on line for tickets with a possibility of getting shut out.

I sometimes drive my son, who has pass, with other students, who do not have pass. Those without have been shut out a few times and hade to buy on secondary market. I know a couple times it was when the football team took up seats and left section wide open when they left.

Some students do not want to travel 30-45 minutes on bus with chance of being turned away.

There are quite a few in my section of the 300s. Thankfully we shut them the hell up from the tip to the final whistle
Wisconsin fans in my area went from overly cocky to blaming referees for loss....LOL!

They were a surprisingly very annoying fanbase. Some who were total jackasses just disappeared after halftime but those who stayed were still giving us crap so we finally gave them the proper sendoff.

Some said "see you in the NIT" so they must be quitting on their season.

Reactions: Proud NJ Sports Fan
Wisconsin fans in my area went from overly cocky to blaming referees for loss....LOL!

They were a surprisingly very annoying fanbase. Some who were total jackasses just disappeared after halftime but those who stayed were still giving us crap so we finally gave them the proper sendoff.

Some said "see you in the NIT" so they must be quitting on their season.

It’s a very douchey fanbase that slides under the radar

You mean he didn’t like us screaming RU in his ear from behind 😀

How many RU alums live in Wisconsin as a comparison?

There were a few hundred of them, very quiet as you would expect given how the game went.

Generally speaking, I don't have many problems with most visiting B1G fanbases at the RAC. Indiana being the exception -- so full of themselves
No one wants to live there but they all unfortunately want to live in our area.

Wasn't drunk....at all....and I was actually trying to be NICE! Yes, I know, shocking but nonetheless wasn't taking.a "dig" (which I tried to tell him when he gave me a "look"....but to no avail).

@Scarlet Shack can vouch for me!
If you’re actually trying to be nice and not sarcastic you may wanna withhold the “buddy” next time lol

The student section was 85-90% filled up against Wisconsin.

Problem for students is if you do not buy the student pass for football or basketball you have to wait on line for tickets with a possibility of getting shut out.

I sometimes drive my son, who has pass, with other students, who do not have pass. Those without have been shut out a few times and hade to buy on secondary market. I know a couple times it was when the football team took up seats and left section wide open when they left.

Some students do not want to travel 30-45 minutes on bus with chance of being turned away.
It was only 2/3 to 3/4 full but this system sounds poor for such a far flung campus. There needs to be a better way to take care of the kids.

Reactions: fatsam98
Man y'all are boring.

The student section has been packed for months, even as this team was weak. The last game at home, we were utterly dominated by Penn State. Not everyone watches the team religiously and knows about our last couple of gritty wins. It's a noon weekend at college on super bowl weekend. It'll be fine, we'll have more students again. There were plenty of Wisconsin Fans in the building, it's not like the non-students kept them out.

As for "commuter school" Livi is *always* like that on a weekend in the cold. Way more activity during the night on college ave, outside during the warm weather, etc. LTC had a play that was well attended this weekend.

Too many (for me) - but it was funny watching the total abuse they were taking when they were leaving early; wonder if they go home telling their family and friends - go into our building at your own risk.
Hopefully the abuse was good natured and not "Eagles-fan-esque". Given how often our fans complain about douchy behavior from opposition fans, I hope we aren't also douchy.

What college did you guys go to??? Getting up on a Sunday before noon.. Most Sunday’s I wasn’t in bed before 5am.
You expect college students up with no hangover by noon. Hahaha

Didn’t want to immediately dampen the beauty of Thursday night, but I think this issue needs to be addressed again. The student section was pretty lackluster on Thursday night, much like Wisconsin.

Those who were there were engaged, but come on, it was maybe 1/3 full at tip.

Thursday night was loud, and that didn’t have much to do with the student section. I understand the general population arriving late given the 6:30 tip-off, but students should be there from the start.

P.S. - I’ll say it again. DO NOT put the students behind the benches in the 100s. Not only will it look bad on tv, it will ruin the atmosphere.

Didn’t want to immediately dampen the beauty of Thursday night, but I think this issue needs to be addressed again. The student section was pretty lackluster on Thursday night, much like Wisconsin.

Thursday night was loud, and that didn’t have much to do with the student section. I understand the general population arriving late given the 6:30 tip-off, but students should be there from the start.

P.S. - I’ll say it again. DO NOT put the students behind the benches in the 100s. Not only will it look bad on tv, it will ruin the atmosphere.
Lack of school spirit seems to be an issue at Rutgers

They need to come up with a better way to distribute tickets. The current way sounds like a nightmare

Agreed. Figure a lot of students have class at that time, but with a student body of 36k that shouldn't be a problem... Would say the student section was no more than 3/4 full the entire night and it didn't look like there were any recruits, etc.

Reactions: Local Shill
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT