ADVERTISEMENT

Thank goodness we only have one more loss to deal with

Why must there be another loss? Five consecutive wins and we are B1G champions. Then six more and we are national champions. All we need to do is peak at the right time.

If we can lose 11 straight we can certainly win 11 straight. Statistically the two are of equal difficulty. And the law of averages is clearly on our side.

Would be nice if we could somehow steal one more win, if for no other reason than not heading into next season with a 13 game losing streak.

Last year we stole one win in the conference tourney. We all know what happened next.

Originally posted by RUMike410:
And then this awful season is over. To bad next season is going to be worse.
Not so sure of that. 19-0 run hopefully was symbolic.

When mike williams makes a defensive mistake you know it, there is a disappointment in his face. 4 and 11 a different story.

Greene, we get you don't like the seniors. I mentioned the other day that Carino and Lloyd gave Mack credit for job on Trimble.
This post was edited on 3/8 8:01 AM by shields

It is not that he doesn't like the seniors, he just points out they seem to have no passion for defense and don't play it that well. In my opinion, he is 100% right.

Originally posted by MGSA99:
Last year we stole one win in the conference tourney. We all know what happened next.
Before the USF conference tourney game last season I actually posted that a close loss would have been better than a win because we then would not have to face UL.

But I had no idea of the potential carnage of the UL loss. Almost wonder if that loss didn't rip the heart out of this team.

Please don't blame the louisville game for this year. We are not talented enough and not well coached. Last year means nothing
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Originally posted by shields:

Greene, we get you don't like the seniors. I mentioned the other day that Carino and Lloyd gave Mack credit for job on Trimble.
This post was edited on 3/8 8:01 AM by shields
Yeah but Greene doesn't like two guys on the team. Most of the rest of you don't like 12 guys on the team. I lean toward Greene here. Next year's team will be better.

I think we will enjoy watching next year's team better.
I think they will be more aggressive on the defensive side, and that is what I want to see.

Originally posted by bac2therac:
It will be the same record but different problems
I'll be a happy clam and the foundation would get built from the bottom up. So far Jordan has wasted 2 years and has gone backwards. While not popular opinion....we would have been better off if Jordan started fresh.

Can't even try to look forward to next year anymore...next decade?

So if we have the same record next year, everything's great. Unless you see progress in W&Ls, things will not turn. See DePaul, GT etc.. You have to get better record wise to change the narrative. If this doesn't change, EJ is building the foundation for more 10 win teams

I can actually see bac's argument, I think that we will have a better B1G record, I am fearful of how tough the OOC is, it may be brutal

Explain the tough OOC? Louisville (in Barclays), home vs Seton Hall, home vs GT/VT, home vs Monmouth. Maybe at Princeton, then probably a lot of NEC teams. Not exactly murders row. I think they will load the OOC up with sub 250 teams. If the OOC record is below .500, I see an 8 win team next year. And why exactly are we going with the brutal OOC schedule? If Jordan lets that happen, he's asking to get fired next year. An 8 win type team next year is a death knell for him. He may very well not get year 4. He needs to shoot for 14 wins, even if they are against sub 300 teams. Not a lot of examples out there's of guys turning a program after winning 30 games in his first 3 years. Eddie need visible progress, even if it's window dressing.

This post was edited on 3/8 12:06 PM by ruman

The trying to maximize wins is part of why Jordan in the mess he is in now. Very difficult to address the fanbase in Year 3 and talk about a process and healing. In reality, that is what we should be doing.

It would be easier for the fanbase to stomach if he makes changes to the coaching staff and sugar coat an admitance of a mistake in the approach and a promise things are going to be done differently.

Jordan is a real good guy and a type of guy you want to see succeed. If he can get the team to play hard on both ends of the court it can work. We all want it to work.

He's a great guy. I don't think he's a good coach. And a single digit win team next year and a lousy recruting class means he's headed for failure What if an eight win team is followed by a ten win team. He's done.

FWIW, Carlin tweeted that if Nebraska beats Maryland tonight, RU gets Northwestern on Wed... If Nebby loses, it's Minnesota.

Bac- last years team probably would be this years team 7/10 times...why..upperclass dominant on last years team. Just look at the numbers. Plus, more shooters. Who knows though.

If last year's team played this year's team, Mack would have at least 30 points playing against Mack on defense

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT