ADVERTISEMENT

The elephant in the room returned again…who is leading this team

Scarlet Shack

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Feb 4, 2004
This is my other big concern after ending the Wolf experimentat the four

I talked about this a month ago …who is going to get the team settled down when we go off track ? Who is going to take a big shot in a close game ? Who is gojng to demand the extra pass be made when hero ball comes out (and today that was a big issue in the second half drought)

No one has stepped up ….yet

The next four weeks there are two layups and three competitive games left

Getting mag back , getting Wolf back to the five and resetting the rotation is hope one

Getting someone to step up and lead is the other big issue ….and I’m. It seeing someone yet ready to be the geo or Ron alpha

Reactions: Loyal-Son
The guy who it was supposed to be had his coach trying to fire him up Game 5 and 6. Screaming at him to “come on” and “lets go”.

The guy that leads by example has been cleared from Day 1, but has told his coach he isnt ready to play

Simpson is the closest guy rigt now. I believe Game 6 he even tried to fire up Cliff in the huddle and today he was diving for a lose ball.

Quick answer is no one at the moment. Who will it be? Honestly, I have no clue.

Reactions: satnom
This is my other big concern after ending the Wolf experimentat the four

I talked about this a month ago …who is going to get the team settled down when we go off track ? Who is going to take a big shot in a close game ? Who is gojng to demand the extra pass be made when hero ball comes out (and today that was a big issue in the second half drought)

No one has stepped up ….yet

The next four weeks there are two layups and three competitive games left

Getting mag back , getting Wolf back to the five and resetting the rotation is hope one

Getting someone to step up and lead is the other big issue ….and I’m. It seeing someone yet ready to be the geo or Ron alpha
So we get waxed in almost every aspect of the game, and the take away from that is that we need someone to either settle us down or step up, whatever those things mean? I think we need a bit more than a good settler downer or a better stepper upper.

Pike whiffed on two straight recruiting classes so we’re getting basically nothing out of our sophomores and juniors. You can’t do that and also whiff on the transfer portal. This team just doesn’t have much talent and without talent you can’t lead.

Reactions: bac2therac
In Pikes defense Cam and Paul quit so late in the cycle he had to fill holes with few options for Rutgers.

Pike said when you lose a guy you have to fill the hole asap - so it sounds like a lot more of a crap shoot grabing guys who are down a level to move to the BIG. RU needs to beef up scouting in this department.

Reactions: Loyal-Son
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT