ADVERTISEMENT

BB Recruiting The latest happenings around Rutgers Basketball...

Richie O

Hall of Famer
Staff
Mar 21, 2016
South Amboy, NJ
Here's the latest on a couple of different things in regards to the basketball program.

-- As I mentioned in another thread, heard this past weekend things are looking more optimistic in regards to Mawot Mag not entering the portal and remaining on the banks. Could things change? Yes 100% as he was all, but set to leave last week, so nothing is certain until May 11th aka the last day someone can enter the portal. So stay tuned this week for that day.

-- Also spoke with a source today who said that HC Steve Pikiell is going to wait until the portal window closes at a minimum before making a decision on the next assistant coach. I was also told that the decision could potentially extend all the way into early June. Personally I don't see it going for that long, but never say never. No new names to watch at this time. As mentioned in War Room, sounds like there will also be an off the court role opening shortly, so keep an eye out for that as there are several names of intrigue already interested.

-- I'm told there is no guarantee that the staff will add a big man via the portal, as they will wait until Cliff Omoruyi makes a final decision before doing so. However they are still showing interest in several forwards including Jay Pal and Wheza Panzo.

Panzo is on a visit to Iona and is being pushed by Seton Hall to take a visit there as well. There is a little interest from Rutgers, but nothing major at the moment and if I had to guess he will likely end up elsewhere at this time. However it still seems like the Scarlet Knights would like to add one more piece via the portal as they continue to show interest in forward types.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News