ADVERTISEMENT

BB Recruiting The latest on a potential transfer and NIL situation...

Richie O

Hall of Famer
Staff
Mar 21, 2016
South Amboy, NJ
Since it's all pretty well known now who the said player is (***), I was told a few weeks ago a rumor about him wanting out and ran it by a couple of sources who told me that's weird he's been with the program and training staff rehabbing in and out every day recently and it was shot down. Just yesterday I had a couple of sources go back on that statement and say well I don't know how you knew before us, but it's true he's leaving and is set to announce something soon, hence the "Hearing....." post. Now I was told the major reason for him wanting to leave was because a few people were in his ear about getting a SIGNIFICANT NIL deal. However today I was told that the staff has been in touch with *** to see what they can do in order to get him to stay and he is listening to their pitch and considering it. So we are in wait and see mode to see what his decision will ultimately be.

Now in regards to NIL, does it hurt Rutgers in some capacity? Sure it definitely does a little bit, but you also have to remember NIL is not the entire factor of these kids recruitments as relationships still very much matter. Look at Iowa for example, they lost out on several high level wrestling transfers despite having the biggest NIL offers on the table. Now Rutgers is definitely behind some of the top programs in regards to NIL, they have been able to put together competitive offers for top players. Rutgers doesn’t have the depth in NIL to offer every kid five or six figure deals like schools like Miami, Texas A&M, etc and that is unlikely to ever change. End of the day recruiting is pretty complex, especially now with NIL involved but it also comes down to having good recruiters on staff as well.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News