ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball The latest what's what with Rutgers Basketball's offseason

Richie O

Hall of Famer
Staff
Mar 21, 2016
South Amboy, NJ
Tons of things to update here, so let’s get started.

First things first, I’m told Rutgers continues to be in a great spot for Hartford / FIU transfer guard Austin Williams. Now his original plan was to announce this week, on Wednesday to be specific, but that is not the case anymore. He is finishing up a summer course and things should be official after that. According to the FIU academic calendar, the end of summer term is July 28th while the deadline by faculty to submit grades is July 31st. So expect some news by the end of the month.

— Next up let’s talk about Iowa State guard transfer Jeremiah Williams. Rutgers is very intrigued by his game and hopes to haul him in following the visit that will take place on July 24th. Also, yes they would take both Williams. Now the not so good news is that between his injury recovery (Achilles tear last October) and this being his second transfer, there’s a legit chance that Williams might not be able to see the court this season so stay tuned for that. Overall though I think adding Williams would be a good move, because when healthy (he was known as a very good on ball defender and considered a great locker room guy. On top of all that, if this move happens, it would be considered Asst. coach Marlon Williamson’s first get for the program since he joined the team officially as an assistant coach.

— Everyone keeps asking about when those 10 practices that lead up to the overseas trip will start and I’ve been able to confirm that they will start around the two week mark from the day that they officially leave. They leave for Senegal on August 8th so the assumption is they will start on July 25th next week.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News