ADVERTISEMENT

THE OFFICIAL RUTGERS-MICHIGAN STATE PREDICTION THREAD

This feels like a game that could be within 3-4 points either way, or a blowout for MSU.

We have the benefit of extra rest, but they’re at home and will be out for blood coming off a 2-game losing streak.

I think Cliff can have a good day if he stays out of foul trouble. Man, I sure wish Gavin were a weapon for us.

If we keep it within 7 at the half, we can make it a close game down the stretch.

Would love to be wrong on this one:

MSU 73
RU 69

MSU on short rest should hurt them. However, I think that they have more talent, better coaching and home court.
MSU 72
RU 65

I think if they would have been blown out by Illinois, it would have spelled doom for us on Sunday as they'd be an angry team. A close road loss to Illinois will make them less angry, but as @BillyC80 pointed out, that's still 2 straight losses. They are better than their record and they know this is an opportunity to right the ship that they can't screw up.

The conditions are not ripe for an upset.

Reactions: BillyC80
A desperate MSU vrs a dispirited MSU.

Think desperate wins out. :-(

Maybe early start helps us.

msu is 1-4 but they can score. If we can shut them down it could be close but if msu is firing on all cylinders could be a blowout. Still not convinced with RU yet

MSU 85 - RU 65

Michigan State 73
Rutgers 61

Talent and home court win out easily in this one. No one can believe this is the Rutgers team that’ll bring home the first win at Breslin, come on.

SUNDAY......not today....that is why i could not find it.
Brain still foggy

Two desperate teams looking for a win in mid-January no less.
Can’t imagine MSU losing this one at home unless a couple of guys from RU get really hot from really deep. 30 points from GG on ten shots could tip the scales for sure. Problem is he’s struggling to get on the court for meaningful minutes.

Michigan State 73
Rutgers 61

Talent and home court win out easily in this one. No one can believe this is the Rutgers team that’ll bring home the first win at Breslin, come on.

MSU is super talented but this team has dramatically underperformed. Maybe they get right against us but I’m not so sure.

we're 3-12 all time vs. them and IIRC have never beaten them at their place. Don't expect that to change.

This is simple

How well do we defend the three?

watch that stat , including number of attempts ….and that will tell a lot of the story today

Can’t make a three that isn’t attempted …..

Reactions: BillyC80
As one of the announcers said yesterday, it’s where you play a team and when you play a team.

This is the worst possible scenario as MSU is desperate for a win and at home.

It’s also manifestly ridiculous that after giving up a home game last year and playing them on the road, that we play MSU only once this year and it’s on the road. Garden game a gift that keeps on giving. MSU goes three years without going to the RAC. SMH.

MSU 67 RU 57

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT