ADVERTISEMENT

THE OFFICIAL RUTGERS-PENN STATE PREDICTION THREAD

Homer prediction.
PSU has a top rated scoring defense, giving up only 15 points per game. BUT, in the last two games they gave up 39 and 27 points. PSU is distracted and is thinking about their lost CFP hopes. RU is focused and playing with determination. Not all of RU's points will come on offense.

RU 27
PSU 24

Matt Millen weeps openly on BTN.

Predict our defense gets at least one turnover. Other than that, just hope we’re in it till the end.

We need to score first to take a little steam out of the 110,000 crowd. Then we need Jerry Kill's offense to bore the $hit out of them,lol. One defense score, and an over all great defensive performance could keep it surprising close. Start the 4th quarter as a one score game, and who knows, Ped St might start to press, and do you believe in miracles? I do, Lets Go RU. 24-20, good guys!!!!!

Bad matchup at most positions plus Franklin will want to run up the score.

Penn State 45 - Rutgers 6

Reactions: RUScrew85
I don’t think this is going to be pretty-I’ll just leave it at that.

Usually overly optimistic, but in this game I don't see it. Hoping for a competitive one for the first half ala Michigan.
PSU 35 - RU 17

Penn St. secondary doesn't match well with good QBs and wide receivers, which we don't have. We can't make a living off our running game against their defense. PSU 42 RU 7

I don't think they score over 40...Tough matchup for us so I have to go with PED 35 RU 17

Wish we played them after they got embarrassed at Ohio St. They were clearly going to be hungover after losing in such heart wrenching fashion. They gave that game away, and that takes a lot to overcome in a week.

This week is different. They are going to pissed about being embarrassed again by MSU. The walking peckerhead of a coach has some sort of vendetta against Rutgers, and will try to hang as many as he can on us. It's how he rolls.

The Knights are playing with a little swagger now, believe in themselves, and fight fight fight. Their heart exceeds their talent level though, which will be too much to overcome. If we keep this one within 21 I will consider it the dreaded moral victory and happily move on with the idea of better results ahead against Death Star.

PeddStophilia 38
Rutgers University 10

Ru- 21
Psu- 17

Barkley held below 100
Mcsorley 2 ints

Anderson awesome with punt placement

PSU 37
RU 13

However, shouldn't we be favored? We beat Maryland, who beat Texas, who beat Iowa State , who beat Oklahoma, who beat Ohio State, who beat Penn State.

Reactions: RUScrew85
Sadly we don't have nearly enough firepower to win on the road at PSU.

PSU 42 - RU 7.

I'd pick us had the Dodgers won the World Series-they won in 1988,the last time we beat PSU-,but for now just a cover.

Homer prediction.
PSU has a top rated scoring defense, giving up only 15 points per game. BUT, in the last two games they gave up 39 and 27 points. PSU is distracted and is thinking about their lost CFP hopes. RU is focused and playing with determination. Not all of RU's points will come on offense.

RU 27
PSU 24

Matt Millen weeps openly on BTN.

I like your thinking. If it comes to fruition, I will be very surprised though.

We need to score first to take a little steam out of the 110,000 crowd. Then we need Jerry Kill's offense to bore the $hit out of them,lol. One defense score, and an over all great defensive performance could keep it surprising close. Start the 4th quarter as a one score game, and who knows, Ped St might start to press, and do you believe in miracles? I do, Lets Go RU. 24-20, good guys!!!!!

Nice!! Run the Princeton BB offense. Both sides of the ball have to execute like they haven't done yet this year. They will need to catch PSU hitting the snooze button.

Pen St 63
RU 0

If all goes according to plan, they won't score close to that. .but the offense has to be good enough to move the ball a bit.

Cold weather should help. RU covers.

I was thinking the same thing. I hope win or lose Franklin finds some way to make an ass out of himself.

PSU - 41
Rutgers - 10

We keep it respectable in the first half, but PSU is very good this year, plus they have a huge home field advantage... we're not there yet.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT