ADVERTISEMENT

The Pride of New Jersey

BeantownKnight

All Conference
Feb 14, 2008
If you haven't already read the articles on On The Banks regarding the state of the RU marching band, where it's headed, how it stacks up with other B1G bands, or even it's current fundraising drive, you should check out the link below. This one includes a very good interview with the band's director, information on an upcoming all-band concert - with tickets still available, and how you can contribute to help make the band both bigger and better.

Enjoy.

Linky

Don't know if this rendering (I'm assuming of the new uniforms) has been posted yet, but its the first I've seen it:

RUMBuniform.0.jpg

The band traveled BY BUS this week to Chicago and back to support the Women's Basketball Team. You could hear them playing and leading cheers during both games. They deserve our support

-Scarlet Jerry

Originally posted by Scarlet Jerry:
The band traveled BY BUS this week to Chicago and back to support the Women's Basketball Team. You could hear them playing and leading cheers during both games. They deserve our support

-Scarlet Jerry
They certainly do and this is a place where a smaller gift can make a bigger difference/impact.

Hopefully,at some point, a Junior Knights Band,similiar to the Junior Knights Dance Team,is created.

Originally posted by 1984:

Originally posted by Scarlet Jerry:

-Scarlet Jerry
They certainly do and this is a place where a smaller gift can make a bigger difference/impact.
I couldn't agree more, '84. Especially when we talk about all of the money that either the Athletic Department or the various teams need, in order for us to compete in the B1G, the amount that the band needs is so much less. A small amount does (and will) go a long way.

If you are in the tri-state area and you could support the band by attending the upcoming concert (which is found in the link I included in the original post), that would be most appreciated.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT