Three Noon kickoffs announced

RUinNY

Freshman
Sep 11, 2006
10/01 at tOSU
10/15 vs Illinois (HOMECOMING)
10/22 at Minnesota

Last edited:
My worst fears realized, more noon games. At least two are on the road which is not so bad but I hate noon starts at home. Figuring the opener will be a noon start as well.

Reactions: Leonard23
3:30 is certainly preferable over noon for tailgates. Also, if my kids have morning sports activities, the later start times helps me with making both work. It is what it is though I guess.

Reactions: Local Shill
Indeed. We can only hope that at least one of Howard, New Mexico and Iowa gets a favorable kickoff time.

no way Howard is anything but a noon start. I figure we have a better shot at 3:30 or even later with New Mexico given that they are 2 hours behind us in time.

Dissappointing. Noon tailgates at Rutgers particularily more difficult as I would guess highest percentage of fans arriving on game day. No Mobil homes day before or hotels night before. Really hurts for Homecoming. Oh well price of B1G but still a huge bummer.

We are homecoming at 2 other B10 schools. Illinois seems to be everyone's homecoming this year.

Can someone explain why they are upset about noon away games? If you can't watch it DVR it. I personally think this is great news at we only have one noon home game announced thus far.

Reactions: 17Q66
The only reason we have only one noon game announced so far is because they only announced homecoming game kickoff times around the B1G. Indiana and Howard will probably be noon kickoffs as well.

Noon game for Homecoming - expect the student section to be mostly empty at kickoff.

I'll take noon games over 8pm games anytime. With noon starts you get two tailgate sandwiched around a football game and you can still get home at a reasonable hour to watch even more football. Getting home at 2am doesn't excite me at all.

I was joking, you obtuse clown. How the hell did one of the most confrontational people on the board become a moderator again?
And I wasn't joking at all! I was totally serious. Furthermore, I'm a thin clown, thank you. And if you had the pictures I had, you'd be a moderator too.

Noon homecoming games suck. 8 of 14 B1G homecoming games are at noon & the other 6 are at 3:30. We really need to be in the 3:30 slot, as students & many fans just won't show. We were spoiled with later homecoming game starts from 2002-12 as 9 of those 11 games were later than noon starts, whereas all 4 for 2013-16 are noon.

Vkj,
TONS of people can not make Noon kickoffs on time or at all because of kids having Scouts,football,lacrosse,youth rugby,soccer,karate,etc. practices or games on Saturday mornings. Many of these events do not even finish until 1:00 or later.Also,many Rutgers fans do not live in Middlesex or Somerset counties so they drive quite a ways to get to the stadium. I drive about 1 hour and twenty minutes and come in a back way that not many people use.I know there are fans out there who drive from far northern or far southern New Jersey or even out of state. In addition,when you have tens of thousands of people trying to get in the parking lots and stadium gates between 11:30-12:00,it is impossible to get everyone in their seats at Noon.One more thing, many people work half days on Saturdays these days.

Thursday night games are coming and frankly preferable to the Nooners.
Why are Thursday night games coming? Who wants to compete with the NFL? Thursday night games were great when they were the only game going on. Now that's a terrible time slot. Let the AAC and ACC have it.

Reactions: valkabit
Vkj,
TONS of people can not make Noon kickoffs on time or at all because of kids having Scouts,football,lacrosse,youth rugby,soccer,karate,etc. practices or games on Saturday mornings. Many of these events do not even finish until 1:00 or later.Also,many Rutgers fans do not live in Middlesex or Somerset counties so they drive quite a ways to get to the stadium. I drive about 1 hour and twenty minutes and come in a back way that not many people use.I know there are fans out there who drive from far northern or far southern New Jersey or even out of state. In addition,when you have tens of thousands of people trying to get in the parking lots and stadium gates between 11:30-12:00,it is impossible to get everyone in their seats at Noon.One more thing, many people work half days on Saturdays these days.
So we need to change the schedule to fit the few who work Saturday half day?? Oh jeeze.
Rutgers is in the Big Ten people! We knew this was coming. The fan base needs to adjust to the new conference not the other way around! We now know years in advance what Rutgers schedule will be and all of you are all complaining about start times. You know what days Rutgers is home and you need to be prepared that the game can be a noon start.
During our Big East/ACC games the schedule would come out only 3 months before! Rutgers even had a TBD on the schedule they handed out at the Spring game!

Would you all like to return the AAC??

Reactions: thegock
Vkj,

I think his question was only about the 'away' games at 12pm (not the home games)

Reactions: 17Q66 and vkj91
The only thing I would like is the ability to control that 1AA time. That would be nice for a night game when it is so early in the season.

HC would be great for a standard 3:30/2:30 central conference-wide but it is what it is.

We all have our preferences. For home games, I love Thursday night games, Saturday 3:30 pm games once it gets cold (roughly 2nd half of the season), and night games when it's warm (1st half of the season). For away games, it doesn't much matter to me...

Reactions: Leonard23
Vkj,
You know we are talking about 2 AWAY games here.

Reactions: 17Q66
WhiteBus,
I just emailed Hobbs and Ash and said I think we should head back to the AAC,but add Towson,Bucknell,Fordham and Albany. They said they will reconsider our membership in the Big Ten and get back to me.

Vkj,
I was talking about our Noon home games which have really increased the last four or five years as compared to previous seasons.

Why are Thursday night games coming? Who wants to compete with the NFL? Thursday night games were great when they were the only game going on. Now that's a terrible time slot. Let the AAC and ACC have it.

FOX!

Vkj,
I was talking about our Noon home games which have really increased the last four or five years as compared to previous seasons.
Have they really? I haven't checked every game but I think you would be surprised. We also haven't exactly been world beaters which doesn't help.
I just checked for you..
In B1G
2015. We had 3 noon starts.
2014. We had 2
Non B1G
2013. 4 noon home starts
2012 3 home noon starts.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT