ADVERTISEMENT

Throw Downfield

carolina scarlet

Freshman
Nov 9, 2006
Hey Guys:
I pray for the best today but what I am specifically watching is whether we start to throw the ball downfield. I have been watching Rutgers football a long time and while we can disagree on the QBs' who have played here, I personally have never seen a QB at Rutgers who could throw downfield like Mike Teel. Suddenly at least in his 2d year, the ball was going inside on crossing routes and occasionally the long out.

I have seen them all from Jack Callghan to Jack Emmer to Ed Mcmichael to Savage. McMahon, Nova et al. But Teel changed the game for me and I have not seen it since. Not saying he was the greatest but am saying that downfield attack is what we need now.

Reactions: Plum Street
Hey Guys:
I pray for the best today but what I am specifically watching is whether we start to throw the ball downfield. I have been watching Rutgers football a long time and while we can disagree on the QBs' who have played here, I personally have never seen a QB at Rutgers who could throw downfield like Mike Teel. Suddenly at least in his 2d year, the ball was going inside on crossing routes and occasionally the long out.

I have seen them all from Jack Callghan to Jack Emmer to Ed Mcmichael to Savage. McMahon, Nova et al. But Teel changed the game for me and I have not seen it since. Not saying he was the greatest but am saying that downfield attack is what we need now.
Mike- glad to see you posting again. I hadn't known you moved down to the Carolina's- I thought you were still up here in the NY/NJ area

Mike- glad to see you posting again. I hadn't known you moved down to the Carolina's- I thought you were still up here in the NY/NJ area
I intended this to be a heartfeld serious post. I only wish in HS and at Rutgers I had had the career Teel had.

Can you respond to my premise that we need the QB to open up the middle run and the sideline pass for minimal gain to occasionally throw the crossing and downfield pass.

And, I am not Mike Teel.

I just hope we outscore the opponent and don't much care how we do it.

Hey Guys:

Gary threw the best deep ball I’ve ever seen at RU

I intended this to be a heartfeld serious post. I only wish in HS and at Rutgers I had had the career Teel had.

Can you respond to my premise that we need the QB to open up the middle run and the sideline pass for minimal gain to occasionally throw the crossing and downfield pass.

And, I am not Mike Teel.
you're still aces in my book!

ha...you still running the store?

Hey Guys:

You have been watching a long time ! Good post !

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT