Basketball TKR HOOPS SCOOP....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richie O

Hall of Famer
Staff
Mar 21, 2016
South Amboy, NJ
Things to get lost from time to time here, especially some of our latest scoops. So one of our members suggested we make a thread where it's just our posts and scoops, so we've done just that. If you'd like to talk about something we said in here, just simply start up a new thread talk about it more in depth. Now that won't stop us from commenting in other threads and even starting up new threads with the latest, but this just seems to be the easiest way to keep things in check.

TO GET NOTIFICATIONS TURNED ON FOR THIS THREAD, SIMPLY CLICK THE WATCH BUTTON ABOVE THIS POST.

With that being said, here's the latest scoop.

-- I'm told Zach Martini continues to be one of the top targets at the forward spot. The other competition here continues to be programs like Davidson, Duquesne, St. Joe's, Wisconsin and a few others. Again as I've stated before I really like Rutgers chances here and I'm told Pikiell has had multiple convos with him. I really like where Rutgers stands here, but no word on if it's close a commitment or not.

-- As mentioned elsewhere on The Round Table, first reported by Trilly Donovan, Rutgers is one of four programs heavily pursuing Drexel transfer big man Amari Williams. The other programs mentioned with him include Florida, Penn State and Texas. I'm told PSU is pushing heavily for Josh Cohen and while they would love Williams, Cohen is the more realistic target for them. We also checked in with our Florida guys, who said they haven't heard much on the Gators front with Williams, which kind of makes sense considering they have big man Micah Handlogten who should be healthy by next season and Alex Condon, a promising young up and comer. Finally, there's Texas and we were told Rodney Terry is all over Williams and is making a massive push for him, so it looks like they will be the main comp here. Will be something to monitor.

-- Let's start with the latest on Gavin Griffiths, there's been some talk for a few days now and today is started to leak out more, as Trilly Donovan posted about the rumblings. There is no firm decision here just yet as to what he will do, but we are told this is not NIL related and rather it's about his role on the team this past season and going forward. Griffiths was expected to meet with Pikiell today to discuss everything, but I have not heard back yet on how things went. Previously it seemed like he was all in on leaving, but Rutgers is going to try and keep the former four-star, top 25 recruit.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News