ADVERTISEMENT

Today would be Keith Jackson's 95th birthday

The guy who played TE for Oklahoma and then the Philadelphia Eagles ?
No way he's that old.

• Haha
Reactions: tomatocan
There was a pretty cool B1G video he narrated when we got in:

They’re at the tunnel…

Anyone else remember?

His voice was synonymous with Saturday College football
if ya grew up with TV and the ten Bowl games on TV...

Reactions: tomatocan
You’re on a board that talks about college football and more specifically Rutgers football and this is your reply?

Not sure I get your attempt at humor here. Assuming that’s what you were going for?
Not an attempt at humor.

I have zero tolerance for college football announcers. I'm a big fan of the mute button when watching a game at home.
BTW, I couldn't care less about your opinion of my opinion.

Why would you guys have deleted my post sarcastically asking if posting threads about famous/semi-famous people dying wasn't enough and if this thread means now we have to dig deeper into years after they're dead? This is a really dumb thread and calling it out as such shouldn't mean deleting the post.

Reactions: LETSGORU91
Isn’t he dead? Using that logic my grandpa would be 123 this year
Damn, you beat me to it...I resisted even reading this thread since it's inception this morning but clicked on it to specifically do what you did. By the way, my grandfather would be 113.
Why would you guys have deleted my post sarcastically asking if posting threads about famous/semi-famous people dying wasn't enough and if this thread means now we have to dig deeper into years after they're dead? This is a really dumb thread and calling it out as such shouldn't mean deleting the post.
Oh yeah? Well I think you calling it dumb is really dumb and it deserved to be deleted. By the way, just kidding. I think had a similar response deleted a few years ago and maybe even @DJ Spanky or another will strike this from the record.

So, Day 6 was a short day, as we had to get to the airport by about 5:30 pm. Two highlights from the day. First, I did the 360 view and Tilt on the 94th floor of the former Hancock building, where one stands next to the building glass and that section rotates so that one is at about a 45 degree angle looking down on the city. Was fun although not as "scary" as advertised.

Then after walking around the River neighborhood we were in one more time, we Ubered to one last stop on our Chicago trip before flying home last night - possibly the most important stop - Johnnie's Beef in Elmwood Park! Ate there on my trip 2 years ago and today did not disappoint as I once again experienced one of the best sandwiches I've ever had. Their Italian beef combo with hot sausage and hot and sweet peppers is simply superlative...and their fries are great too! Thankfully, the flight home last night was uneventful and we actually got in early. Great trip and thanks everyone for the recommendations!
At what point did you meet Keith Jackson?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT