ADVERTISEMENT

Turay Wreaked Havoc in Scrimmage--Offensive Stats--Laviano Looking Good

Re: Kemoko Turay Wreaked Havoc in Today's Scrimmage

I fear this is a sign that our o-line can't pass protect worth a damn.

^^^^ hahaha that didn't take long... Negativity like that must be fun

Muller was out today. And Turay is going to be force to be reckoned with by all OLs that face us.

Originally posted by RU82:
when one of the best DEs in the B1G is having a great scrimmage, it doesn't necessarily mean anything about the OL. Sometimes it just means the defensive guy is that good. Defensive play has a jump on offensive play in the spring and early part of summer camp. The OL is doing some shuffling and I think will be pretty good when we kick off the season.

Originally posted by ruready07:

Originally posted by RU82:
when one of the best DEs in the B1G is having a great scrimmage, it doesn't necessarily mean anything about the OL. Sometimes it just means the defensive guy is that good. Defensive play has a jump on offensive play in the spring and early part of summer camp. The OL is doing some shuffling and I think will be pretty good when we kick off the season.
^^Thank you. Common sense occasionally speaks.

Turay cleaned up last year in the scrimmages too. That was when he was a year younger and our O-line had significant experience. He is just THAT good. I can't wait to see him unleashed on the rest of CFB this year having now a mere two seasons under his belt of game experience. Think of that for a moment. This is only his third year in game action. One season in HS, a RS year, then last year.

Kemeko's God given abilities are such that if he keeps progressing, I honestly feel he could become RU's version of Lawrence Taylor. He has the potential to be a man amongst boys out there on the field.

And talk about athleticism! -I'll never forget that FG block against Michigan. KT got up so high the ball actually hit his forearm! I mean, it wasn't even close to getting over him. ...That play right there showed me just how special an athlete this young guy is.

This post was edited on 4/18 9:53 PM by devoted2ru

Hes wreaking havoc with Darius Hamilton out due to injury and Marques Ford hasnt arrived on campus yet.

Imagine what all three will be able to do on the same field this season!

And then theres potential from Kamaal Seymour arriving too.

Granted Turay has a ton of athleticism and great ups, he blocked 3 fg's this year, but the blocked fg against Michigan was a 56 yard attempt so the kicker was probably kicking the ball lower to travel further, hence why he blocked it with his forearm, he still gets credit for blocking it but wasnt all him
Posted from Rivals Mobile

You probably haven't seen the Michigan game or the many published photos of the block. That was not a low kick.

That block was one of the great plays in rutgers history. It was great.

Not only can't the o-line pass protect, but apparently nobody else on the defensive line is any good since Turay was the ONLY d-lineman getting sacks against a pathetic o-line.

That's it ... we're screwed.

Oh wait. Or maybe Turay is a blossoming into the stud defensive end many of us feel he can be? Nah, that can't be the case.

Rob,

You're kidding, right? That was an incredibly athletic, clutch play that gave us the game. One of the biggest thrillers ever. I don't care of the wind helped, if the kick was low, or if Turay blocked it with his pinky. Let's not minimize what he did.

-Scarlet Jerry

Originally posted by RutgersROB:
Granted Turay has a ton of athleticism and great ups, he blocked 3 fg's this year, but the blocked fg against Michigan was a 56 yard attempt so the kicker was probably kicking the ball lower to travel further, hence why he blocked it with his forearm, he still gets credit for blocking it but wasnt all him
I like how you brought up the field goal blocks that no one else had.

And then managed to discredit his contribution right after that. well done.

Was a thread about him getting pressure and sacks too positive for you?

Wow- that is all I can say. First, Turay had one of the great impact freshman years you may see in a lifetime on a DL.

And yes, we know the Mich kick was 50+ Hence needing a lower trajectory but as I tell people all the time, use your eyes. His entire upper half ofhis body was above their OL. Those are 6'4 and larger guys.

I cannot believe it from a Rutgers fan but RutgersRob has to be the biggest loser.

This post was edited on 4/18 10:48 PM by Scarletwoman

If we see this against B1G opposition, this will be a special year.

Originally posted by LotusAggressor:
If we see this against B1G opposition, this will be a special year.
we ARE B1G level opposition. Let it sink in.. We aren't that bad and the league isn't that good. We bowl every year. We win games. Let it sink it folks. Our guys aren't scrubs.. and haven't been for a while now.

For those of you so quick to rip on our O Line, don't forget we're running with just 8 linemen right now for both sides of the scrimmage.

There's another article on APP.com about the great days Agudosi (7 catches, 96 yards) and Tsimis (7 Catches for 82 yards) had today, but that would get turned around into how crappy our defensive secondary looks.
rolleyes.r191677.gif
Some of you folks need to look on the bright side of life once in a while.

Agudosi and Tsimis Have Great Days

Originally posted by Knight Shift:
There's another article on APP.com about the great days Agudosi (7 catches, 96 yards) and Tsimis (7 Catches for 82 yards) had today, but that would get turned around into how crappy our defensive secondary looks.
rolleyes.r191677.gif
I think Tsimis is gonna be the surprise on offense this year. hes quietly been good last season.

i think in his junior year he finally becomes a stud. guy has nice hands and seems to appear in important situations.

QB Stats from Today:

Chris Laviano (16-23-0-169); 70% Completion
Hayden Rettig (10-18-0-133); 56% Completion
Giovanni Rescigno (2-4-0-16); 50% Completion

innocent0009.r191677.gif

Kyle Federico: Field Goals-- 3 of 8: Made 31-, 20-, and 27-yards, missed at 52, 43, 49, 27 and 47; missed a PAT
eek.r191677.gif

Rutgers ROB: Pay special attention to the linked video clip from the Dead Poet's Society where (1:36)
Keating gives his evaluation of the antiquated textbook. BTW you don't seem to understand what being a fan entails.

This post was edited on 4/18 10:03 PM by RUMountie

Dead Poet's Society excrement

No doubt it was a spectacular play!!

I was at the game and I said before hand there was no way he was makin that kick. Thankfully it got blocked on a great play by Turay.

Your eyes are deceiving you. The 6'4" lineman are not standing straight up, they are crouched over.

Plus it looks like his arm is halfway up the 19 foot field goal

Kemoko is 6'6" and could most likely dunk but i'd say that ball was at 9 1/2 feet

Again, great play!

I was at the game and I said before hand there was no way he was makin that kick. Thankfully it got blocked on a great play by Turay.

Your eyes are deceiving you. The 6'4" lineman are not standing straight up, they are crouched over.

Kemoko is 6'6" and could most likely dunk but i'd say that ball was at 9 1/2 feet

Again, great play!
What's he weighing now? Was a tad undersized last year, I thought.. though plenty of good DEs have been... in any case.. this is good to hear.. yet bad to hear.. (OL worries?)

Then what you're saying is that any kick over 50 is almost always blocked, 90% of the time blocked, blocked half the time, blocked 25% of the time, or hardly ever blocked. Pick hardly ever....

Again, great play!

Actually, look again. While the OL directly in front of him are in various stages of "crouching" they are below his thigh and closer to his knee. But it you look at number 67 just to the right of the kicker in the pic, he is darn near straight and just to the side of him(67), looks like maybe Longa, our guy is off his feet and DH is being nearly stood up straight while being choke held. And then of course look at CA who is an inch or two taller and at full stretch. Ball is closer to 11 ft in the air.

I understand you were excited by the play too but the point is that it gets so tiring that our own damn fans just like to knock any excitement we may want to have. And let's say the OL were all crouched, as you say, why not just let fans enjoy themselves and their team. You guys are out in full force since Wednesday.

Anyone else concerned about the kicking stats? I know its only the spring, but a missed PAT?

Muller was out today. And Turay is going to be force to be reckoned with by all OLs that face us.
Having only 8 healthy OL players is never a good thing. For any program.

Turay and Ford are going to be monsters off the edge this year.

Turay is pretty good for a 2 star recruit. Hopefully he stays healthy, will eventually be RU's best DL prospect..maybe ever.. for the NFL. He needs to get better against the run, his explosiveness is undeniable. The defense should be further a long than the offense right now. Actually a healthy sign. The QB play this fall will be crucial

Turay is going to be great. Think he is just that good.

Anyone know what Turay weighs these days? I thought he was very effective in some of games last year but against the upper echelon teams in the conference I did not think he stood out. Consistency will be the key and that should happen as he matures. I am wondering how much weight his frame can hold without loosing his speed. It can only help his leverage.

Originally posted by rufeelinit:
Anyone know what Turay weighs these days? I thought he was very effective in some of games last year but against the upper echelon teams in the conference I did not think he stood out. Consistency will be the key and that should happen as he matures. I am wondering how much weight his frame can hold without loosing his speed. It can only help his leverage.
he was 230 last season. He wants to be 245 this year, which is doable, but he's got a fast metabolism so he'll have to work twice as hard to keep the weight on.

Originally posted by jay_hq:

rolleyes.r191677.gif
I think Tsimis is gonna be the surprise on offense this year. hes quietly been good last season.

i think in his junior year he finally becomes a stud. guy has nice hands and seems to appear in important situations.
Agree. I think McDaniels will use him effectively and he'll be our Wayne Chrebet-type WR for the next couple years.

QB Stats from Today:

Chris Laviano (16-23-0-169); 70% Completion
Hayden Rettig (10-18-0-133); 56% Completion
Giovanni Rescigno (2-4-0-16); 50% Completion

innocent0009.r191677.gif

Kyle Federico: Field Goals-- 3 of 8: Made 31-, 20-, and 27-yards, missed at 52, 43, 49, 27 and 47; missed a PAT
eek.r191677.gif
I can pretend for now that the D or QBs are just that good, but there is no making positive spin of the kicking stats...this has been a weak spot since Ito left and has cost us several crucial games (UNC and Ville in 2011 come to mind)....

Can Turay leave early for the NFL after this 2015 season as this will be his third year in college (RS plus 2 played)?

Originally posted by RutgersFan:
Can Turay leave early for the NFL after this 2015 season as this will be his third year in college (RS plus 2 played)?
yes

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT