ADVERTISEMENT

Updated ESPN 300: Rashan Gary #1

I don't follow recruiting too closely, where does Gary compare to other recent top recruits? Clowney?

I don't follow recruiting too closely, where does Gary compare to other recent top recruits? Clowney?

I don't know how to compare him to Clowney (of whom I am not a fan) but the kid is a SUPER athlete. On top of that he is a great kid from a really nice family. Think along the lines of a Hamilton. There are many examples on the team but he just popped into my head. I don't think you could find a more perfect fit for the culture within RU football. The kind of kid you root for no matter where he plays. Unless it's against us!

Kid is gonna be a monster no matter where he plays. His face will be on the big screen in Times Square. I would just love it to be in a Scarlet Knights uniform.

He has offers from just about every major program.

The odds of him picking Rutgers are rather slim. He has been on campus at least.

If we weren't in the mix I don't see how his Mom would spend so much time on campus getting the royal treatment of a top recruit. While he has not really said much at all about the Rutgers program, you gotta believe that Mom was not wasting her time. If it were not for our recent track record of our inability to draw the top NJ recruits, I would say we have as good a chance as anyone or better. It's our recent experience that makes thing so pessimistic these days.

Just read on the Michigan blog that Gary's mother's visit reportedly didn't go well. Any truth to that? I also remember reading an article on NJ.com that his mom really enjoyed the visit to Rutgers.

And JT was at RU nearly every week for 2 months..... means nothing.

It means a little more than nothing. If he had no interest he wouldn't come at all, nor would his mom. And I was replying to a poster above who said Gary is rarely on the RU campus.

Nice group of top 150 players considering Rutgers. 3 in the top 25. Can you imagine?

A super elite player in high school at the toughest position to recruit has his choice of schools .He clearly would be the highest rated recruit if he came to Rutgers and its impact would send tremors throughout NJ.I hope his mother is whispering in his ear ... Its pandemonium in Piscataway if you choose Rutgers.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT