ADVERTISEMENT

USC Victory will be our BEST EVER

rutgersal

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Jun 7, 2001
We’ve never beaten a team like USC, except when some of us took Rutgers against USC in NCAA football in 2006. But this year is our opportunity, and they are very beatable. USC is projected for 7.5 wins by one source and Rutgers is projected for 6.5 wins. So the talent discrepancy, at least according to outside sources, has never been smaller between Rutgers and USC, save for the 2006 season, perhaps.

But make no mistake about it, this Rutgers team is capable of winning ALL its games, thanks to the preponderance of talent, which has bolstered our roster. I see potential All Americans on the Offensive Line, Defensive Line, in the RB Corp, in the WR Corp, in the LB Corp, and in our DB Corp.
If there is one thing this team does not lack for, its talent.

In comparing USCs roster with ours, I feel that Rutgers has superior talent. We can run the ball, stop the run, rush the passer, and hit short and intermediate passes a good portion of the time.

USC is the only team that stands between Rutgers and the playoffs. Let’s make it happen.
See you there!

We’ve never beaten a team like USC, except when some of us took Rutgers against USC in NCAA football in 2006. But this year is our opportunity, and they are very beatable. USC is projected for 7.5 wins by one source and Rutgers is projected for 6.5 wins. So the talent discrepancy, at least according to outside sources, has never been smaller between Rutgers and USC, save for the 2006 season, perhaps.

But make no mistake about it, this Rutgers team is capable of winning ALL its games, thanks to the preponderance of talent, which has bolstered our roster. I see potential All Americans on the Offensive Line, Defensive Line, in the RB Corp, in the WR Corp, in the LB Corp, and in our DB Corp.
If there is one thing this team does not lack for, its talent.

In comparing USCs roster with ours, I feel that Rutgers has superior talent. We can run the ball, stop the run, rush the passer, and hit short and intermediate passes a good portion of the time.

USC is the only team that stands between Rutgers and the playoffs. Let’s make it happen.
See you there!
I definitely want to buy you a drink Al. You are a true die hard. An Alum who goes to home games away games and most importantly donates to the cause. This site is not your life like others who claim to be die hards but offer nothing but conversation and criticism. I will be in LA for this and Blacksburg.

Rutgers is not superior on coach pay. Rutgers needs to pay Greg, Kirk and Joe a LOT more money. We can't compete with "R" pitiful pay rates.

"In comparing USCs roster with ours, I feel that Rutgers has superior talent."

I guess this another one of Al's posts where he is trying to get recognized on that site that posts the stupidest sports posts of the day.

Reactions: -RUFAN4LIFE-
Why would it be our best victory ever? They aren't even ranked in the top 25 preseason.
It would be like when we beat a lousy Michigan team in 2014. Even though they weren't Top 25 you can't underestimate the impact it has when people around the country see Rutgers beat a traditional powerhouse like Michigan or USC. Of course it wouldn't technically be the best win ever, but it would matter, especially to recruits.

Reactions: rutgersal
I did notice we seem to have “potential all Americans” at every position - except QB.
All we need for our QB to do is have a 58% completion % and hopefully throw for roughly 2,500 yards. His completion % was 54% year 1 and 53% year two, so this would be a step up for him.

All we need for our QB to do is have a 58% completion % and hopefully throw for roughly 2,500 yards. His completion % was 54% year 1 and 53% year two, so this would be a step up for him.

Luckily for us HC Schiano picked a QB for whom 58% is a minor step up. As opposed to stepping up from 47% completion rate.

• Haha
Reactions: lakejj
We'd be a lock if we didn't lose our Heisman candidate QB.
giphy.gif

Reactions: angmo
Name one victory against a program with higher stature than USC
It's been awhile since USC won a NC. Pete Carroll has been gone a long time. Many on these boards were either children or not even born when John McKay and John Robinson were roaming the sidelines.

Reactions: NickRU714

NYU was once a powerhouse in hoops, doesn't mean a win today would be a big deal. Any win against a conf foe is good but to say its the best ever is just silly. Louisville in 2006 was our best ever, even beating PSU in the 80's would be better. This will be a little better than beating a crappy Michigan team

The stature which saw them win 11 National Championships. They are a football blue blood and a worthy adversary and would represent our best victory EVER.
Only if they become the National Champion this year. Louisville is our biggest win. #3 when we won, #6 at the end of the season. They only loss was Rutgers
USC and the PAC12 haven't won a Natty in 20 years.

NYU was once a powerhouse in hoops, doesn't mean a win today would be a big deal. Any win against a conf foe is good but to say its the best ever is just silly. Louisville in 2006 was our best ever, even beating PSU in the 80's would be better. This will be a little better than beating a crappy Michigan team
NYU de-emphasized sports, while USC alumni have spent millions on NIL to fund their players. Louisville is not a blue blood which is why a victory here would be bigger.

From a "stature" perspective, I guess wins that would rival USC would be Michigan and Notre Dame. We've beaten Michigan. Some might say our bowl win over Miami is up there from a prestige perspective.

But as far as beating a really good team, the win over Louisville was probably the most impressive. We beat USF when they were #2 but they didn't finish with as good a record as 2006 Louisville.

The stature which saw them win 11 National Championships. They are a football blue blood and a worthy adversary and would represent our best victory EVER.
According to this site, they have 9 National Championships - https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/schools/southern-california/

Michigan has 10 - https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/schools/michigan/

So wouldn't having beat Michigan, already, be a 'better' victory?

I guess you can think that, who are we to argue with your logic? Its not like you are known for outrageous statements.
Al just makes overly enthusiastic statements at times , putting things in an extremely positive light when most others see doom and gloom and post that way

One can say: Rutgers Al sees the light at the end of the tunnel as the way for Rutgers to become a top program, while doom and gloomers will say that light is on the train that's on its way to run over our hopes and dreams about Rutgers becoming an elite program (like USC is still considered by many College Football fans)

Reactions: RUforester72
I notice the "will be" in the title as though we're guaranteed to win. This is bulletin board material. Let's win the game first and then we can talk about whether it was our biggest victory ever.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT