***War Room No. 7: RHoops Has Big Week***

Richie O

Hall of Famer
Staff
Mar 21, 2016
South Amboy, NJ
Recruiting Tidbits:
QB Zamar Wise (Barringer - NJ):
Wise is still solidly committed to Rutgers and loves the school. However, various schools like Miami and Temple are all still attempting to reach out to the top New Jersey quarterback. FWIW, Wise was very high on the Hurricanes QB board before committing to Rutgers.

QB Davis Beville (Greenville - SC): Beville added an offer from the Scarlet Knights earlier this week after OC McNulty watched him workout early last week.

“Coach McNulty was down to see me workout last week,” said Beville. “He said he loved the way I worked out and performed and he feels I’d be a perfect fit in their system.”

Beville says he’s hearing the most from Pittsburgh, Northwestern, and Cincinnati and that he hopes to plan a visit to Rutgers for this summer.

RB Treyson Potts (Williamsport - PA): Rutgers has been keeping tabs on Williamsport, PA running back Trey Potts. He speaks weekly with the staff and has been building a relationship with Coach Niemann and Coach Campanile.

“I talk to Coach Niemann the most and have also been speaking with Coach Nunzio,” he said. “They have just been saying that they really like me and they’ve evaluated me this spring and believe I could be a great addition to their team.”

Potts has been hearing the most from Rutgers Syracuse, Temple, Virginia Tech, Northwestern, and Maryland. He’ll be setting up his summer visit schedule next week.

TE Brenton Strange (Parkersburg - WV): At the moment the Scarlet Knights are still in the lead here, however some of the bigger schools are starting to sniff around. He has recently been hearing from Ohio State and Penn State and is planning a visit to Purdue.

TE Dylan Deveney (Hun School - NJ): Deveney has seen his recruitment pick up during the Spring Evaluation period as the 6-foot-6, 240-pound post-grad has added offers from the likes of Rutgers, Minnesota, Temple, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, and Maryland. Rutgers offered last night and it’s an offer that has caught his attention as he likes how McNulty uses the tight ends and it’s an offer from his in-state program.

“Rutgers has great academics and is close to home so it’d be easy for my family to come see me play. I’m thankful for the opportunity to be able to play at Rutgers and we’ll see how things play out.”

DE Jason Blissett (Poly Prep - NY): The defensive end is hearing a lot from the Scarlet Knights but had decided to push back his top list of schools after some bigger names started to reach out. Some of those schools include Wisconsin, Notre Dame, Virginia Tech, Michigan State, Harvard, and Texas A&M. He is set to visit Rutgers on June 9th. I’ll have more on him in an article this weekend.

Florida Recruiting: Some of you might have noticed an increased presence in Florida these past couple of weeks, you can thank new assistant coach Toby Neinas for that. He’s been all over Florida this past week sending out various offers that can be seen below.

Zephyrhills Christian Academy coach Spence Jones on assistant coach Toby Neinas:
“The visit went okay, I wish he offered some of our guys. We have about three kids I know can play big time ball in college. Coach Neinas was just very detailed. Out of the 15 recruiters who have came by our school, he has spent the most time with us. He answered all the questions we had and was honest as possible in every answer. Coach Neinas in my opinion is the man, no offers today, but we learned some things for sure.”

Hoops Analyst Jay Gomes on Paul Mulcahy:
“He's a unique player that can impact the game without having to score a lot of points. He can do it all with his strong court vision, penetrating, ability to make plays for his teammates with his passing. He’s also a gym rat. Mulcahy has been a key player at Gill since his freshman season and has gotten better each season. He has had success against strong competition at Gill and also on the AAU scene.”

We will have more from Jay in an article later today.

Richie’s Rumblings:
  • Rutgers will add a football commitment within the next two and a half weeks.
  • Hearing one of the Scarlet Knights quarterbacks is looking into the possibility of transferring.
Top 5 opponents in the 2018 season
  1. Ohio State
  2. Wisconsin
  3. Michigan State
  4. Penn State
  5. Northwestern
Weekly Offer Update:
This past week we saw the basketball and football teams send out a number of new offers. Here is a look at who added a Rutgers offer this week:

Basketball offers:
’20 PG Rondel Walker (Putnam City West - OK)

Class of 2019:
QB Davis Beville (Greenville - SC)
QB Maverick McIvor (San Angelo Central - TX)
WR Zay Flowers (University School - FL)
DE Deshawn Holt (Westlake - MD)
DE Shamar McCollum (Dillon - SC)
DE Miles Dickens (Deerfield Beach - FL)
DE Brandon Dorlus (Deerfield Beach - FL)

Class of 2020:
RB Miles Friday (Stephenson - GA)
WR Jacorrei Turner (Woodward Academy - GA)
DE Jadyn Bost (Grayson - GA)
DE Lamar Goods (St. Thomas More - CT)
LB Ruben Hyppolite (American Heritage - FL)
DB Hunter Sellers (Woodward Academy - GA)

Class of 2021:
OL Marcus Tate (University School - FL)

NFL Knights:
QB Kyle Bolin on Philadelphia Eagles mini camp:
“I thought it was great. You can tell why they have had so much success. Passionate coaches that can relate to the players. We had time to rest, time to study, and time to recover. While also being able to showcase our talents in 3 practices.”

TE Myles Nash on Indianapolis Colts mini camp: “I did straight, but they decided to keep the guy they had signed on practice squad last year. I didn’t do anything to separate myself from him.”

P Ryan Anderson on New England Patriots mini camp: “It was an awesome experience. I’m glad I got to go through it. Now just waiting for the chance for another one and sign that contract.”

Inside Chris' Cranium:
I've been in the front car of the Paul Mulcahy train for a couple years now, am glad Rutgers got him. Pikiell identified him extremely early and offered him very shortly after taking the job and made him a priority. He and his staff worked hard and landed a talented in-state player. Rutgers has one open scholarship currently left for the 2019 class, and it'll be interesting to see Mulcahy turn from the recruit to the recruiter. Who will he help land?

Last edited by a moderator:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News