ADVERTISEMENT

Was rooting for Wisconsin,but Bo Ryan is a baby.

Exit117

Sophomore
Oct 19, 2003
He was just as bad as he was after our game, with of course a lot more on the line last night, but he's a jerk off. Sure the Dukies got a couple of bad calls go their way, no doubt, but Ryan comes off a sore loser for the 2 games I've seen with him.

114er here. I agree. That was the only reason I was rooting for Duke. I am not a duke fan or coach k fan but I just remember how bo ryan couldn't give Rutgers any credit. Just annoyed me.

Fun game last night.

Fellas have you ever played in a big game and lost it close ? This was his one time shot at a ring. He'll never have a club like this again and he's angry and upset and he has to answer some really stupid questions about officiating.

I'll cut him some slack.

No slack for Tom Izzo-----his language on the sideline was terrible. I stopped counting at 8 on the F Bombs.

Higgins relax on the comments after the RU game. The POY in college basketball didn't play----that's why they lost and he said something to that effect. It happens to be accurate.

Injuries are part of the game. They lost 4 games and one to RU.

Originally posted by TDIrish1:

Fellas have you ever played in a big game and lost it close ? This was his one time shot at a ring. He'll never have a club like this again and he's angry and upset and he has to answer some really stupid questions about officiating.

I'll cut him some slack.

No slack for Tom Izzo-----his language on the sideline was terrible. I stopped counting at 8 on the F Bombs.

Higgins relax on the comments after the RU game. The POY in college basketball didn't play----that's why they lost and he said something to that effect. It happens to be accurate.
Bogus, cutting Ryan slack for losing to RU. Is Kaminsky the difference between RU and Wisconsin BB this season ? You need to read the sports section more carefully in the future.

Forget whatever he said, Ryan did not coach an 'A' game last night. There was no adjustment after Duke got in foul trouble. I could not believe that his PG was jacking up shots while Kaminsky was being guarded by some guy who I did not even know was on the Duke squad.

Originally posted by Exit117:
He was just as bad as he was after our game, with of course a lot more on the line last night, but he's a jerk off. Sure the Dukies got a couple of bad calls go their way, no doubt, but Ryan comes off a sore loser for the 2 games I've seen with him.
I guess you missed Coach rat face whining to the officials all game like he always does. Suddenly in the second half everything that Wisconsin did is a foul, yet in the first half before the crying from rat face they were non calls. Coach K is one of the biggest crybabies in all of College Basketball & the refs are always bending over backwards for Coach rat face. Wisconsin is the team who commits the least amount of fouls in the nation yet last night in the second half Duke was in the double bonus before you could blink your eyes.

Originally posted by TRU2RU:

I guess you missed Coach rat face whining to the officials all game like he always does. Suddenly in the second half everything that Wisconsin did is a foul, yet in the first half before the crying from rat face they were non calls. Coach K is one of the biggest crybabies in all of College Basketball & the refs are always bending over backwards for Coach rat face. Wisconsin is the team who commits the least amount of fouls in the nation yet last night in the second half Duke was in the double bonus before you could blink your eyes.
Working the officials are part of his job (and any good coach)- stop with the non-sense of cry baby.

Yes, Ryan was whining a bit but let's be real here--his team was playing Dook, who the next time doesn't get a call their way would be their first.

Oh really ?

Wisconsin called for 2 fouls in the first half.

2 is an interesting number------because 2 seconds is about the amount of time their biggest basket of the game Saturday night vs UK came after the shot clock sounded.

Here's a thought-----Duke played them twice----beat them twice----in my mind that makes them the better team.

This. I can't stand the Rat. And if some of you are going to bitch about Bo Ryan, because he may have seemed a bit ticked off, step back a minute and let's see how you would do after one of the greatest teams that you ever assembled and played together for several years loses to FIVE STAR freshmen, who all could have gone to another school and won or came close to winning in its first year too. Three of those kids are one and done players. I empathize with Bo even though I'm not a fan of his, because I feel as if his championship was stolen from him last night.

Coach Izzo backed off on recruiting two of the three Duke freshman because he said they expected more than just scholarships, the one who he continued to recruit was Okafor.

Coach Izzo backed off on recruiting two of the three Duke freshman because he said they expected more than just scholarships, the one who he continued to recruit was Okafor.
Is this quoted somewhere?

Tru -- this isn't Fox News. Just because you hate K doesn't mean that you can just make sh!t up and put it in Izzo's mouth.

LOL, Coach rat face, tell us how you really feel about Coach K,TRU2RU!!!! When I was a Ref doing HS games, there were a couple of coaches I would have loved to call a lot worse,lol. Trying to buy the next call is coaching 101, unfortunately.

Can't deny that he's effective at working the refs, though - the numbers after halftime are pretty stark.

First half: Wisconsin 2 fouls (7 FTA), Duke 7 fouls (4 FTA)
Second half: Wisconsin 13 fouls (3 FTA), Duke 6 fouls (16 FTA)

Originally posted by RU_Planning:

Is this quoted somewhere?
Didn't Rutgers have a transfer to Duke basketball who's father got a job opportunity in North Carolina that he couldn't refuse?

Did no one see Coach K's interview with the sideline reporter before the half? He was complaining about the lack of calls and I was thinking to myself of all the people in the world I don't want to see complain about refs it's Coach K. So I couldn't care less about anything Bo Ryan or any other coach says. I really have no problem with any of them. Not even Coach K really, it's the refs that are the issue. He can whine all he likes but if they don't bother to "entertain" him whether subconsciously or consciously it wouldn't matter.

IMO they've been benefactors of a preferential whistle since the 90s. It was much worse then and it's tone done some now but it still happens often and is really the main reason I root against them. Their players don't bother me, Coach K generally doesn't bother me, it's the preferential treatment of the refs that pisses me off and I generally avoid their games now because I don't want to be frustrated watching. I didn't bother with the MSU game because of it and didn't try to stay up see most of the 2nd half in a good Wisconsin game where I thought the reffing was fine up to where I fell asleep. From what I read online here and in articles I'm glad because I again would have been frustrated.

I can't think of any other marquee program or coach that gets that treatment. Not Boeheim (classic whiner), Pitino, Calhoun, Roy Williams, etc..Sure they may get it against a lowly team like us but when the big boys play each other I don't usually see it much except Duke and I can't stomach it any more so I avoid their games these days. It's better than the 90s but still happens way too often.

This post was edited on 4/8 5:29 PM by rutgersguy1

Through the years, a lot of the hatred related to Duke/officiating was that Duke mastered "the flop" (drawing offensive charges with no attempt to defend) and Coach K getting the sideline ear of officials, endlessly.
This post was edited on 4/8 6:09 PM by Mr_Twister

Ville IMO gets great officiating-----hand check all over the place and basically the refs get tired of calling stuff IMO.

I thought Wisconsins biggest issue Monday night was the fact that they got beat off the dribble and when you get beat like that you reach and when you reach you foul.

An aside here ... the handle "higgins3" often seen here often makes me nuts. Not his/her posts ... but the handle is eponymous with Rutgers getting screwed by refs!

Originally posted by TDIrish1:

I thought Wisconsins biggest issue Monday night was the fact that they got beat off the dribble and when you get beat like that you reach and when you reach you foul.
Partly, but a lot of the fouls weren't called on dribble drives. Several were called when a driving Duke player made contact with a stationary Wisconsin player with his hands up. Winslow plowed his defender twice and got blocking calls both times when they should have been charges. Koenig got two blocking fouls called on him for standing with his arms up and the Duke player jumped into him to shoot from the post.

Wisconsin's biggest issue was that they got beat off the dribble for repeated layups by Jones and Allen, more than anything. They couldn't stay in front of Duke's guards. Couple that with some highly aggressive defense by those same guards (lots of contact on the Wisconsin ball handlers as they brought the ball up and dribbled around the perimeter, without a single call all game), and Wisconsin's guard play was simply outmatched.

Wasn't complimentary at all. He had nothing good to say about Maryland. He had nothing good to say about RU. And he had nothing good to say about Duke. Bo Ryan is just a grumpy guy, I guess. Say what you want about K, but the guy won. He threw off his "sixth man" mid way thru the season leaving him with 8 scholarship players. Give him credit for that. Not many schools down south would do that.

Lol Mr. Twister. I'll think about changing it. Just gotta find something good enough. At the time i had no clue of the history between higgins the ref and Rutgers university basketball.

What would you have liked him to say? We just got upset by the worst team in the conference with Kaminsky on the bench and Jackson breaking his foot in the first half. He didn't stroke you enough? Please. It was an upset nothing more. Think of it this way, you can feed off this for the next five or ten years because that's how long you'll be a bottom feeder in the B1G. But you did beat Wisconsin, at least you'll have something to talk about instead of all the money you're constantly salivating for. For which Rutgers contributes nothing.

Originally posted by Muggsy Blue:
What would you have liked him to say? We just got upset by the worst team in the conference with Kaminsky on the bench and Jackson breaking his foot in the first half. He didn't stroke you enough? Please. It was an upset nothing more. Think of it this way, you can feed off this for the next five or ten years because that's how long you'll be a bottom feeder in the B1G. But you did beat Wisconsin, at least you'll have something to talk about instead of all the money you're constantly salivating for. For which Rutgers contributes nothing.
Well when we stop contributing players to other programs, we will stop being bottom feeders, and maybe those schools will flip flop in the standings. Believe me, it will happen.

Originally posted by Muggsy Blue:
Jackson broke his foot in the second half & RU had already taken the lead when he got hurt...don't let facts get in the way of your conclusions
laugh.r191677.gif

Ok, 2nd half. So you upset the B1G Champs. Enjoy it; it's all you got. You can talk about for the next 40 years.

See ya in Madtown on Halloween weekend.

Originally posted by biazza38:
Wasn't complimentary at all. He had nothing good to say about Maryland. He had nothing good to say about RU. And he had nothing good to say about Duke. Bo Ryan is just a grumpy guy, I guess. Say what you want about K, but the guy won. He threw off his "sixth man" mid way thru the season leaving him with 8 scholarship players. Give him credit for that. Not many schools down south would do that.
He kept him on the team for a year after learning that a second student said she was sexually assaulted by him. Am I really supposed to give him credit for that?

As for this thread, I would think that Rutgers fans would understand better than most people that ESPN "reports" on bullshit stories. If you read or watch the press conferences you would see that Bo Ryan was not acting like a baby in the least after the game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT