ADVERTISEMENT

Way premature expected January rotation

Greene Rice FIG

Hall of Famer
Dec 30, 2005
Taking 3% of the season vs non conventional opponent and taking a wild stab.....

1 Fernandes 24 Davis 16
2 Simpson 24 Williams 16
3 Griffith 26 (Williiams or Hyatt or 1 of PG or Chol) 14
4 Mag 26 Hyatt 9 Woolfolk 5
5 Cliff 29 Woolfolk 11

As the only pure 2 on the roster I think Williams has the inside track at bigger minutes. I don't know if Mag coming back healthy is a given though. Fernandes almost has to get starter minutes given his perimeter shooting. It is going to be very hard to have Gavin and Hyatt playing at the same time. Zone press falling in to actual zone might be the way to play them both.

Assuming Mag is back to 100% come conference play, I think we’ll need to rely on him for 30+ mins a game. As we’ve seen, Mag is the ultimate glue guy

Guard rotation feels like a total crap shoot at this point. Would hope one or two guards really step up to the task by the time the OOC slate is complete, but feels destined to be a question mark for much of the season

Reactions: Greene Rice FIG
The way Pike values defense, effort, and rebounding, I think he gives JMike more than 16 minutes by January.

Also, from what I saw yesterday, I think he gives Woolf more of Hyatt’s minutes at the 4 spot.

Reactions: Greene Rice FIG
The way Pike values defense, effort, and rebounding, I think he gives JMike more than 16 minutes by January.

Also, from what I saw yesterday, I think he gives Woolf more of Hyatt’s minutes at the 4 spot.
I king of wimped out with my prediction leaving 14 minutes open...leaving open the possibility of 2 point guards and williams on the floor together...

Reactions: BillyC80
Taking 3% of the season vs non conventional opponent and taking a wild stab.....

1 Fernandes 24 Davis 16
2 Simpson 24 Williams 16
3 Griffith 26 (Williiams or Hyatt or 1 of PG or Chol) 14
4 Mag 26 Hyatt 9 Woolfolk 5
5 Cliff 29 Woolfolk 11

As the only pure 2 on the roster I think Williams has the inside track at bigger minutes. I don't know if Mag coming back healthy is a given though. Fernandes almost has to get starter minutes given his perimeter shooting. It is going to be very hard to have Gavin and Hyatt playing at the same time. Zone press falling in to actual zone might be the way to play them both.

The guards about right in my opinion
JMike got too many minutes last night
2G should be 26 +, Pike will straighten out his defense (to some degree)
Mag good to go hopefully
He's the best 4 by far on the team
Cliff of course he will get close to 30
But
Emmanuel O can hopefully get Cliff rest as I think we will see alot of Wolf at the 4

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT