ADVERTISEMENT

We Are In The Final Four!!!

I can't believe it. I'm so happy for these guys. The poise and athleticism they showed, and the heart. There were some incredible individual performances but this team is all about TEAM.

I just can't believe it. We are in the final four! Amazing!
I'd still single out Kirst because he literally kept us in the game with some incredible saves

I can't believe it. I'm so happy for these guys. The poise and athleticism they showed, and the heart. There were some incredible individual performances but this team is all about TEAM.

RU vs. Maryland 3.0 coming soon? :)

Reactions: William J. Leggett

SO HAPPYY BROTHA!!!

I give BB a lot of shit at times, particularly about not calling TO’s soon enough HOWEVER…that was one of THE best-time TO’s I’ve ever seen in ANY sport. 3 minutes on D…4-straight goals by Penn…BB calls TO and BOOM!!!

WOOOOOO!!

Reactions: Scarlet83
SO HAPPYY BROTHA!!!

I give BB a lot of shit at times, particularly about not calling TO’s soon enough HOWEVER…that was one of THE best-time TO’s I’ve ever seen in ANY sport. 3 minutes on D…4-straight goals by Penn…BB calls TO and BOOM!!!

WOOOOOO!!
Brecht seems to really use his timeouts well - not only when to use them but results after the timeout seem to be very positive most of the time.

Congrats to another great Rutgers team. Now if we can only make some more football inroads we will change the negative spin. I think we need a Rutgers news article pointing out these teams and their accomplishments this year. Most people living in the state have no clue.

IMHO he got much better with them late this season.
Brecht believes to his core in letting players play. It’s not just lip service. He would rather see them create and make a play than huddle up and call a set piece. Not many coaches can let go enough to do that.

That said, that was a key timeout and great awareness by Brecht.

Last edited:
What a great accomplishment by this team! Huge year for RU. Congratulations fellas!

Hard to believe we lost our top four scorers from last year… and still made the Final Four.

Incredible accomplishment, and a testament to Brian Brecht’s masterful use of the transfer portal. Where would we be without Mitch Bartolo, Ronan Jacoby, Brian Cameron, Brad Apgar, and Bryant Boswell?

Truth be told, I post on TOS. Just had to note a couple of things. CaliKnight and Golfer, you guys have the insight. There are some hear and on TOS who have lacrosse knowledge that you could put on the head of a pin.

The difference in todays game? It all starts with Kirst. IMOP, the best keeper in college lacrosse, period. Next, Rall. Three caused turnovers and a goal, and shut Handley down. Knoblock with the hat trick as Scott was double and triple teamed. And lets not forget Coach Brecht with a great timer out, and having the wherewithall to insert Dante Kulas to put a dagger in the net.

Asso, great game by the defensive middies. What an enjoyable afternoon!

SO HAPPYY BROTHA!!!

WOOOOOO!!
The thing people don’t realize against UNC. He couldn’t call TO at the end. The ball was r in the box

Congrats to you all. What a huge accomplishment. So proud of these young men!

On my flight home to Detroit right now dodging weather.

It was really hot on that field today. Guys were gutting in out

Great team win!

Enjoy it Alumni and fans

Unbelievable how hard these kids work and this is evidence. Great game plan and awesome defense and goalie play. Love it when you get offense from everywhere and if you want to advance. Love the grit with which they are playing.

Kirst vs. Kirst on Saturday. I have to imagine that we would be favored. Love to see the match-ups on defense as Cornells Attack is good but young and CJ Kirst may be the best freshman in the country. their great Defenseman against Roos Scott. The goalie match-up is be very good and the face-off match up should also be pretty even. The scoring appears to be pretty even on both sides with Rutgers having maybe slightly more balance. We may have the more dangerous offensive middies and we will certainly look to run as much as possible. Should be a fun matchup

Kirst vs. Kirst on Saturday. I have to imagine that we would be favored. Love to see the match-ups on defense as Cornells Attack is good but young and CJ Kirst may be the best freshman in the country. their great Defenseman against Roos Scott. The goalie match-up is be very good and the face-off match up should also be pretty even. The scoring appears to be pretty even on both sides with Rutgers having maybe slightly more balance. We may have the more dangerous offensive middies and we will certainly look to run as much as possible. Should be a fun matchup

Adler vs. Scott will be amazing. And I think Rutgers' rope unit is superior to Cornell's.

Our rope unit is much better.

Adler on Scott will be fun to watch. They are almost the mirror image of each other. I doubt either has faced anyone so similar.

This is the time of year unsung or rarely heard from players can and often make a huge impact. We saw that with Kulas vs Penn. That was such a massive goal. Love how the staff has been sprinkling other guys. We have a deep roster.

@Caliknight do you defend the big guy from Cornell the same way you defended Handley on Sat?

Maybe similar but you dont use Rall. He is an LSM. Let one of the close guys handle him.

Rall, as well as the entire rope unit and D, really handled Handley. Our entire rope unit is crazy good now. All of them.

Reactions: AreYouNUTS
@Caliknight do you defend the big guy from Cornell the same way you defended Handley on Sat?
Not @Caliknight Are you talking about Blake? he is nowhere near the athlete that Handley is and if that is the matchup I think that Rall has an advantage. Overall, I think that our rope unit will have an advantage vs. Cornell's offensive midfield. Rutgers Rope group outscored UPenn's first midfield line 8pts to 5pts (1,4). Upenn's first midfield line had 5,4 against Cornell. it appears that UPenn's midfield is more dangerous than Cornell's and Rutgers effectively shut them down.

Piatelli? he is an attackman and will probably get JJF, Likely, See Bobby on Long and Boswell on Kirst as he wants to be off-ball and more of a finisher. You don't want to waste your best on-ball defender playing an off ball guy. Long and Kirst have an excellent lacrosse relationship as they both played at Delbarton together.

It was Kelleher (from Macarthur HS on Long Island). Not as big as Handley, obviously, but he played in a similar downhill/freigh-train fashion as Handley. Appreciate the input, regardless, just LOVED how we handled that kid all day!

Not @Caliknight Are you talking about Blake? he is nowhere near the athlete that Handley is and if that is the matchup I think that Rall has an advantage. Overall, I think that our rope unit will have an advantage vs. Cornell's offensive midfield. Rutgers Rope group outscored UPenn's first midfield line 8pts to 5pts (1,4). Upenn's first midfield line had 5,4 against Cornell. it appears that UPenn's midfield is more dangerous than Cornell's and Rutgers effectively shut them down.

If our rope guys play like they have been, you can eliminate Cornell's midfield. They will be erased completely.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT