ADVERTISEMENT

We just don’t have a Go To consistent shooter/scorer.

SBP

All Conference
Feb 5, 2003
Gavin sadly was a bust this year.
Oskar? Spotty
Hyatt? Can’t make bunnies.

So, let’s just hope next year we do.

It’s that simple, really.

Reactions: tm_nj
Shot selection in second half was dreadful. How many touches did Cliff get after halftime?
How many wild "layup" attempts did we have? Those just end up being turnovers.
So disciplined in first half and the complete opposite in second half.

Reactions: goru7
The roster has too many players that are mediocre shooters.As such the margin for error is slim.In this game the offense had a pulse in the first half but then started the second half with the dreaded scoring drought and the game was over.

Reactions: RW90
The underwhelming offense should be no surprise to anybody. It's been bad all year. We need the D and rebounding to win, particularly on the road.

Reactions: SBP
Before we kill the 6 guys who got us the 4 game winning streak playing the most minutes , should we not ask where the contributions from 7-10 were tonight ???

We won 4 in a row because of bench help

Tonight …bwnch was a major liability ..and I think cost us the game

Before we kill the 6 guys who got us the 4 game winning streak playing the most minutes , should we not ask where the contributions from 7-10 were tonight ???

Oskar didn’t play, really

This 110%. Once again, like past seasons, we are not getting enough out of the bench. Gavin is a total zero, him and Wolf probably shouldn’t even be playing in games at this point as both are lost on the court. Noah and Hyatt showed up off the bench in the Wisconsin game, and Oskar with the threes against NWestern, but other than that out of the norm game, for the most part we get little bench contribution. We need a bench that actually contributes next season compared to what we’ve seen the last few years.

Last edited:
Reactions: Scangg

Yeah Gavin provided nothing. Woolf was awful. And Mag — who came off the bench — was in foul trouble all night.

Noah only played 3 minutes, I suspect because of the knee injury that sidelined him during the second half of the NW game.

And Oskar barely played. This is where I thought Pike erred. Oskar just had a game where he drained three 3-pointers, and we’re in desperate need of a bucket in the 2nd half, and Oskar is planted on the bench.

Rutgers didn't have great offense last season and this season its worse because of the woeful 3 point shooting.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT