ADVERTISEMENT

Weekend Scores

Caliknight

Legend
Gold Member
Sep 21, 2001
Some interesting scores. St Johns takes down Marquette. Army and Uva both losing midway through 3.

Reactions: biazza38
Syracuse down 10-5 at Notre Dame. Quint singing the praises of the ACC as usual. Giving the Domers all the love and finding nice things to say about Syracuse, despite the fact that they have a cake schedule. What a dope.

Reactions: Caliknight
Be interesting to see how Syracuse fares when they actually have a few consecutive games that aren't home games or neutral sires

Reactions: loyalson66
Penn beats Cornell in 2OT. There is a possibility with 4 Top 15 teams they might be a 1 bid league. But I believe Cornell play Syracuse in Ithaca on Tuesday

Not that I like it but the ACC will get 4 bids

Duke
UVA
ND
Cuse

Tuesday's Cornell - Syracuse game is huge In that regard. A Cornell win, and assuming the Cuse loses a few ACC games, and they could be on the outside. I think between Yale, Princeton, Penn and Cornell 2 could get in if that happens.

Tuesday's Cornell - Syracuse game is huge In that regard. A Cornell win, and assuming the Cuse loses a few ACC games, and they could be on the outside. I think between Yale, Princeton, Penn and Cornell 2 could get in if that happens.
Penn did themselves a massive favor by beating Cornell today.

Penn did themselves a massive favor by beating Cornell today.

Or they might have made the Ivies a 1 bid league. I think their no 5th year rule had more impact this year than any other. Imagine what Princeton would be with their 5th year class playing for a bunch of playoff contenders. Cornell with Adler.

Big Ten is a two bid league right now
I agree. Slight chance for a 3rd if a few things fall the right way…

The conference did not fare well in the OOC IMO

Michigan got run off the field by UVA and ND and lost to Harvard at hime

PSU lost to Colgate

Rutgers crushed by Princeton and Army

MD lost two games to the ACC

OSU had a rough OOC

Hop lost to Navy

Big Ten will have to have a bunch of pieces fall into place for 3 bids

Reactions: rufamily
Like the team in general, Wierman was very different in the last 3 quarters than in the 1st.
An elite fogo can change things on a dime. And when you don’t have one, you’re playing uphill all the time.

It is a tough/wildcard position to recruit and it has a disproportionate impact on the game…in my opinion…

And while statistically they all count one…winning face offs in the 3rd and 4th quarters are force multipliers both ways…for the team that’s winning face offs…everything is easy…for the team that’s losing them…They’re playing in quicksand

Last edited:
An elite fogo can change things on a dime. And when you don’t have one, you’re playing uphill all the time.

It is a tough/wildcard position to recruit and it has a disproportionate impact on the game…in my opinion…

And while statistically they all count one…winning face offs in the 3rd and 4th quarters are force multipliers both ways…for the team that’s winning face offs…everything is easy…got the team that’s losing them. They’re playing in quicksand
You are 100% correct. I am all for the alternate possession rule. We play it sometimes in fall ball. My sons are both fogo’s and pretty good ones. They stay on however and play the field but I am all for eliminating the position. There would be a lot more scoring and excitement instead of the blowouts we see particularly in high school.

The emphasis on riding and clearing would make for a lot of excitement. You would see a lot more 10 man rides later in games

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT