ADVERTISEMENT

What are the Big Ten tournament scenarios for RU?

knight82

All American
Gold Member
Nov 4, 2002
Heading into the final weekend, what are the possibilities?

Last edited:
Tough to say. There is so much going on both in the B1G and outside of it. Without winning the tournament we have to beat Penn St for starters.

Tough to say. There is so much going on both in the B1G and outside of it. Without winning the tournament we have to beat Penn St for starters.
I just meant for the BTT whar are our possible seeds and opponents. Looks like we can't get a bye

Michigan plays Ohio State, winner will be 2-3.

Rutgers win, Michigan win: 3 way tue for 3rd. We win the tiebreaker based on head to head.

Rutgers loss, PSU is 3 seed. We would be behind winner of Michigan and Ohio State. Win the tiebreaker against Michigan, lose it to OSU.

RU win OSU win... I have no idea. Goal differential, probably. Could be starting with the games between the tied teams. OSU is +3 against us and PSU, PSU is +3 right now, we are -6. So unless we win by 9, looks OSU would finish as the 3rd seed... if it does come down to goal differential among the tied teams.

if we are the 3 or 4 seed, we host. Probably at Yurcak Field because the spring football game is the same day as the first round.
That would be an epic atmosphere, just like Harvard a few years ago

Coupled with the spring game would be a day to remember

Basically then any where from 3rd, and hosting, to 6th, and probably visiting PSU. Why this home game against PSU is still so important. The season is no where near over and still plenty to play for.

If we host a quarterfinal round game, the game COULD be played in SHI stadium if it's a night game. Last year's 3 v. 6 game was played at Maryland starting at 8:00 p.m.

The spring football game starts at 3:00 p.m., with doors opening at 2:00 p.m., and they're moving the "Boardwalk" INSIDE of the stadium in the north endzone (including a Ferris wheel) for pregame festivities.

All of the pregame activity would likely preclude the lax game from being played at 12:00 noon, but the football game will be over by 5:00 p.m., which would give the stadium grounds crew sufficient time to break down the Boardwalk (or move everything out of the way) before 7:00 p.m., when doors would presumably open for an 8:00 p.m. lax game.

I realize this is a long shot, though, and it's more likely they would just play the lax game at Yurcak. But I have to imagine there would be serious concern if it rained that day. I cannot imagine playing a lax game in the rain on a grass field is terribly enjoyable or advisable.

Eh, it's First World Problems if we're lucky enough to beat the Nits and put ourselves in position to host the 3 v. 6 game. Win the dang game and figure out the logistics later! :CHOP:

Reactions: Wagram97
Man the lax gods owe us. We get one guy back and another starter goes down. Can’t ever remember a season with this many injuries.

Sorry Id like to say but if it’s not out there I don’t want to be the one to do. I’ll just say he starts and wasn’t previously injured.

Rutgers is a working program. I can’t speak to other programs but we get after. Hard. Maybe we need to dial it back just a touch. I don’t know. We had a few good years with with injuries but the last 3 we’ve lost really key guys and this year had been absurd.

I consider you a friend of the program and a valued poster here. Hit me offline if you really want to know.

Man the lax gods owe us. We get one guy back and another starter goes down. Can’t ever remember a season with this many injuries.

It's that way all over D1 this year. Yale got a scare from Hofstra Tuesday when their top TWO FOGOs were out. Hofstra won 80% of the faceoffs and stayed in the game.

I’ve been noticing that too though I don’t follow other teams nearly as closely. I can’t imagine any suffering the number of injuries we have ro guys that play or start.

Like all sports the guys are getting so big and fast it’s putting a lot of pressure on their bodies.

We had 14 guys in street clothes one game. That’s unheard of.

I’ve been noticing that too though I don’t follow other teams nearly as closely. I can’t imagine any suffering the number of injuries we have ro guys that play or start.

Like all sports the guys are getting so big and fast it’s putting a lot of pressure on their bodies.

We had 14 guys in street clothes one game. That’s unheard of.

Dartmouth has averaged 3 starters down per game over this year. Attack has not had all 3 for a single game

If we host a quarterfinal round game, the game COULD be played in SHI stadium if it's a night game. Last year's 3 v. 6 game was played at Maryland starting at 8:00 p.m.

The spring football game starts at 3:00 p.m., with doors opening at 2:00 p.m., and they're moving the "Boardwalk" INSIDE of the stadium in the north endzone (including a Ferris wheel) for pregame festivities.

All of the pregame activity would likely preclude the lax game from being played at 12:00 noon, but the football game will be over by 5:00 p.m., which would give the stadium grounds crew sufficient time to break down the Boardwalk (or move everything out of the way) before 7:00 p.m., when doors would presumably open for an 8:00 p.m. lax game.

I realize this is a long shot, though, and it's more likely they would just play the lax game at Yurcak. But I have to imagine there would be serious concern if it rained that day. I cannot imagine playing a lax game in the rain on a grass field is terribly enjoyable or advisable.

Eh, it's First World Problems if we're lucky enough to beat the Nits and put ourselves in position to host the 3 v. 6 game. Win the dang game and figure out the logistics later! :CHOP:
I’d much prefer at Yursak it’s more cozy and the atmosphere two years ago versus Harvard was electric

Sorry Id like to say but if it’s not out there I don’t want to be the one to do. I’ll just say he starts and wasn’t previously injured.

Rutgers is a working program. I can’t speak to other programs but we get after. Hard. Maybe we need to dial it back just a touch. I don’t know. We had a few good years with with injuries but the last 3 we’ve lost really key guys and this year had been absurd.

I consider you a friend of the program and a valued poster here. Hit me offline if you really want to know.
Totally understand and agree with the discretion.

Reactions: Caliknight
If late, it will be 6 or 7 for Big 10 Network for programming
That works
If for some reason, it’s at the same time of the spring game, I probably stay until the end of the first quarter of football and then leave to watch lacrosse

Looks like now, if OSU wins vs Mich, we get the 5th seed and play OSU again - OSU would get the 4th, and Mich drops to 6th and plays PSU. If Mich wins vs OSU, we get the 6th seed and play PSU. Thinking due to head to head with Mich/OSU.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT