ADVERTISEMENT

What Is The Strength of This Team?

I feel like all the younger guys feel a need to run the offense through cliff since he is a senior. Need to rethink things
Cliff is the softest 7 footer I've ever seen with the worst hands. My 13 year old son said to me today, if they kept a stat for most lost/bobbled balls he'd lead the ncaa hands down. Soft on rebounds, attacking the basket and grabbing the ball. It's nauseating, he honestly just doesn't have the tenacity it takes to be a big man.

Reactions: RAC93
Cliff is the softest 7 footer I've ever seen with the worst hands. My 13 year old son said to me today, if they kept a stat for most lost/bobbled balls he'd lead the ncaa hands down. Soft on rebounds, attacking the basket and grabbing the ball. It's nauseating, he honestly just doesn't have the tenacity it takes to be a big man.
Cliff isn't soft. He just lacks skill

Against St Pete’s we didn’t score in first 5 minutes. Today it was 2 pts in 5 minutes and we were already down 12. I don’t know it seems we should maybe put the best offensive player on the floor to start and see if maybe he (and we) can get going early and the pivot to a more a defensive unit at the 5 minute mark.

The sad part is Mulcahy was a great rebounding guard but of course he’s not here……allegedly he wanted to come back according to reports and he was told no more room for him.
You mean after he entered the portal right?

After he entered the portal in June right?

After he entered the portal 3 weeks after another guard burning us late?

But yes you are correct would have helped to have him for sure. No doubt.

You mean after he entered the portal right?

After he entered the portal in June right?

After he entered the portal 3 weeks after another guard burning us late?

But yes you are correct would have helped to have him for sure. No doubt.

Agreed, after he entered the portal. However, there is no debate that the #1 issue this team is having this year is Rebounding, they are being destroyed on the boards. No debate that Mulcahy would have helped with rebounding this year. A Williams looks like a guy who will give effort and rebound, JMike as well. Fernandes is a pointless player, he doesn’t run the point well setting up teammates, doesn’t score, doesn’t rebound, doesn’t defend great in half court D. He has to improve, otherwise this team is gonna rack up losses real quick. Not all on him but Pike is counting on him for a lot this year and it’s just not happening. Possible that Pike got a dud as opposed to another Cam type through the portal.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT