ADVERTISEMENT

Who to root for

RUClassof67

All American
Gold Member
Jan 2, 2004
OK. It’s that time again. BeK please correct me if I’m wrong.

Obviously we need a Rutgers win over Wisconsin. We need to win out to get to 9-7 in B1G.

Next we want Minnesota to beat Michigan. Michigan is 9-5 in conf. A loss to Minn tonight coupled with a loss to Maryland in their final game gets them to 9-7 and we have the tiebreaker over them with our head-to-head win.

Next we want Mich State to lose to Nebraska tonight. That gives MSU 9 losses and since wold the tie breaker over them, it means we most likely won’t have to play on the first day of the tournament.

Anfinally we don’t care who wins the Penn St - Northwestern game.

The goal is to finish 6th so we play. #11 and #3.

Last edited:
Reactions: Scarletwoman
Time for the ladies to take care of business ... time to badger the Badgers!

OK. It’s that time again. BeK please correct me if I’m wrong.

Obviously we need a Rutgers win over Wisconsin. We need to win out to get to 9-7 in B1G.

Next we want Minnesota to beat Michigan. Michigan is 9-5 in conf. A loss to Minn tonight coupled with a loss to Maryland in their final game gets them to 9-7 and we have the tiebreaker over them with our head-to-head win.

Next we want Mich State to lose to Nebraska tonight. That gives MSU 9 losses and since wold the tie breaker over them, it means we most likely won’t have to play on the first day of the tournament.

Anfinally we don’t care who wins the Penn St - Northwestern game.

The goal is to finish 6th so we play. #11 and #3.

That's all correct except that we always want Penn State to lose.

Well Purdue just beat Maryland by 10. This doesn't help us. But again, we just need to take care of business and IMO win one in the B1G tourney and we're in.

Purdue pulls off the upset, 75-65. We needed Purdue to lose b/c we still had a chance to pass them in the conference seeding.

Well Purdue just beat Maryland by 10. This doesn't help us. But again, we just need to take care of business and IMO win one in the B1G tourney and we're in.
Maybe it didn't help us, but I always feel good when Maryland loses. I don't like them and I can't really define why. Brenda does a lot of rah-rah coaching, which isn't my favorite style (think Carolyn Peck as another example) but obviously she has had success. There has been "smoke" about recruiting issues, but I've never seen anything to indicate that there is any real fire. But . . . I just can't feel warm and fuzzy about them, even when it is better for the B1G for them to win.

Maybe it didn't help us, but I always feel good when Maryland loses. I don't like them and I can't really define why. Brenda does a lot of rah-rah coaching, which isn't my favorite style (think Carolyn Peck as another example) but obviously she has had success. There has been "smoke" about recruiting issues, but I've never seen anything to indicate that there is any real fire. But . . . I just can't feel warm and fuzzy about them, even when it is better for the B1G for them to win.
I hear ya, once I knew Purdue had the game, I smiled and was happy that they beat MD.

Reactions: RUfanDNT
I understand what you're saying.

I wouldn't get too caught up on the "smoke". That appears to have originated from the triangle area of North Carolina shortly after Maryland joined Duke and UNC at the top of the ACC. I think I heard that the NCAA checked into the rumors and found nothing wrong.

Today’s (Saturday) game is Indiana-Nebraska. We want Indiana to lose to allow us to pass them. Best scenario is or Indiana to go 0-3 against Nebraska, Iowa and Minnesota. Then if we win out we move past them. We can worry about Iowa on Weds.

Looks like Nebraska picked the wrong game to pick up their first road loss. No margin for error. Need Indiana to drop their last 2 against Iowa and Minnesota.

OK. Things are clearing up. Here’s what I come up with as of Tuesday night. All scenarios assume we win our final two against Iowa and NW.

1. We have a minuscule chance of finishing 6th. We need Purdue to lose its last 2 (against Illinois(highly unlikely) and Michigan State. And some other things need to happen.
2. We have a better shot at passing Michigan and Iowa. Michigan plays Maryland and finishes at 9-7 with a loss. We finish ahead of them based on our head to head victory. If we beat Iowa and they lose to Indiana, we tie them and finish ahead of them based on head to head.
3. Worst case scenario (other than not winning out) is for Indiana to lose to Iowa in which case they both finish ahead of us.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT