ADVERTISEMENT

Who's going to Shore Conf. title tonight at Monmouth University?

Be on the lookout for anyone from the Rutgers staff. Pat Andree of CBA should be on our radar.

I agree Aggs. I am a shore conference guy living down here and have seen Andree play multiple times. He is a legit 6-7 Shooter. Long wing span, not the most athletic, but can put it on the floor and has the bball IQ playing at CBA. He is the type of 3 star NJ kid that we typically get on way too late and then he will have a great junior year summer and end up elsewhere. Right now has IVY and Patriot league offers, but his family alum is ND, so will be shocked if he doesn't end up there, having his father play there as well as his brother in a walk on role.

Barry from Rumson is another player to keep an eye on. Just a junior, but can flat out score and shoot, Probabaly too small for B1G, but if Goode is here, Barry I'm sure is very similar. He also has patriot, ivy, interest.

Wow, CBA and Rumson were tied at half time 19-19, then Rumson went on to blow out CBA 50-24. The Angree kid#41 for CBA, the 6'7" kid was about as soft as soft can be. I sure hope Rutgers isn't looking at him. The best player on the court by far, running the offense, hitting 3's and driving to the hole was #3Brenndan Barry who scored 27 and was unstoppable. CBA was so out classed it was shocking. Geoff Billet the CBA coach was overmatched and even when CBA was down 18 early 4th, he was running their offense like there was all the time in the world. They never pressed, and never showed any urgency on offense. Packed house, with standing room only in a place that holds 4100. Barry IS the type of kid who would play against Rutgers from a mid major school and kill them. I would offer the Barry kid,I think he's that good.

This post was edited on 2/27 11:04 PM by Exit117

Agreed. Barry is crafty. Definitely would excel in the right system. You can't teach the shooting and Scorers mentality that he possesses. Instead of chasing the four and five star NJ kids like we have done for the past 25 years, we really need to take chances on some of these lower level players that will stay at RU four years and develop

Nice player but do you really think THAT kid can play in the Big Ten ?

He's a Patriot League or Ivy League player IMO.

Originally posted by TDIrish1:

Nice player but do you really think THAT kid can play in the Big Ten ?

He's a Patriot League or Ivy League player IMO.
Are you basing that on his Height? He has skills that can transcend that. There are plenty of PG in D1 that are 6' or less. He might a little S/C but he can play at Mid Major or P5 conferences, in my opinion.Watch the offers he'll start to get after this season.

I would think this game was of interest to the shore area but CBA is way down this year and Rumson is only rated the #5 team in Group II in the state and no Group II team is even in the state's Top 20 The shore often has some very good teams but this year I don't think they come close to Union County (Roselle Catholic, St. Patrick & Linden) or Essex County (Seton Hall & East Orange). Almost every team in the state's Top 20 this year are from North Jersey except for St. Augustine, Ewing, Trenton Catholic and Camden Catholic. These teams play in all of the big festivals and schedule other big name teams in their out of conference schedules.

Just one mans opinion 117 but he isn't athletic enough to play at that level. He's 6'1 145 lbs and he's slow.

I wouldn't recruit him to play at Monmouth and I doubt they will. Second tier Ivy or Patriot League-----nothing wrong with that.

Andree will likely get offered by a D-1 schools . He's better than he showed last night and you can't coach 6'7----someone will take a swing on him.

Originally posted by Exit117:
Rumson went on to blow out CBA 50-24.
Wow Rumson, things sure have changed from when I was watching shore conference hoops.

Geoff Billet has to be happy his rep as a player was so high. Alums can't be too happy get blown out by Rumson. BTW, Rumson was an 11 seed in the SCT. Billet's time coaching at CBA has not been good by CBA standards. In the second half, the Barry kid scored 25 I think. CBA scored about 5. Really astonishing. Rumson is a small team even for a HS squad, with guys 6'1-6'2 and one tall kid off the bench.

I always figured the Andre kid would go to ND, like his Dad and brother, who walked on.

Great idea to have the game at Monmouth. Brookdale was too small. Then again I haven't gone in a while so I really don't know where they have been playing lately.

Nice to see upsets like this game and really loved to se Linden beat RC. THAT game showed the value of a coach! Happy for 1212 who is always an outspoken LHS fan. I love these teams of Colichio's.

Never heard of CBA losing by more than 10 points. I live close to the school and had a couple of friends that went there to play basketball.

Mike kuhn who was a walk on here.

Completely surprised me. I chose not to go because I thought it'd be a CBA rout. Great coaching by the Rumson staff, give them credit. Saw Rumson play at Squan earlier in the year and they were average at best. Their scorer was held in check for most of the game and they didn't have a legitimate big man. As a matter of fact their 6'6 freshman who played well for them in the tournament was playing JV at the time. Word is he's only been playing basketball for a year or two and still learning the sport. Could be a stud if he puts on some pounds. Worth keeping an eye on. I don't think Barry's a B1G caliber player, Patriot or Ivy League AT BEST. And that's if he can bulk up. I'd say he's a good D2 point guard. Yes he can shoot but how would he do with a 6'4 guy guarding him who's got 30-50 pounds on him. Not good.

I'm more surprised that Billet didn't use his team's size to their advantage and go big with Andree, Laffey, and McGuire. Rumson might be a good defensive team, but they lack height. And you can't teach tall. Blows my mind that a program that's usually got a bunch of D1 and D2 talent hasn't won the tournament in 5 years.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT