ADVERTISEMENT

WNBA Preseason

RUcrazee

Senior
Jan 23, 2020
Watched some of the Indy-Dallas game. Electric atmosphere, exciting finish for a preseason game. Arike Ogunbowale stole the show at the end.

Caitlin C. and Jacy Sheldon played well in their debuts.

Unbeknownst to me until tonight, Jaelyn Brown, turned out to be the star of the game for Dallas.

Didn't realize Leilani Correa was also drafted by the Fever. Gonna be tough for her and Celeste Taylor to make the squad.

Wish I could have also seen the Sky's game vs Minn. to see Reese and Cardoso. It wasn't made available.

LA Sparks - Seattle Storm @ 9:30 tonight.
on WNBA app streaming for free on League Pass

We'll get a look at Rickea Jackson, who I am picking for ROY. It will be close with Caitlin. Probably comes down to who's team is doing the best, although I don't agree with that method. It usually goes down that way..

Cameron Brink also in this one. Seattle is loaded up to compete with the Aces and Liberty. Skyler Diggans-Smith returns.

It's gonna be a really fun season!!

Have to say ... I find it shocking that this thread has NO interest. I guess our fanbase is moreso RU faithful than women's bball fanatics.

Maybe it's the other options, NBA, NHL, etc.

Last night gave us a better glimpse of Angel Reese and the Sky. Not a competitive game but interesting to see T-Spoon as energetic as ever in the coaches box. Also, interesting to see all the good players fighting to be the last few roster spot winners.

E. Martinez(Arizona) has a shot with the Liberty. K. Gondrezick looked pretty good from the arc last night. She was a very high draft pick a couple years ago. I think she might make the Sky, who have a ton of guards in camp. She's a good floor general in my opinion that could beat out Lindsay Allen for a spot.

Need those new expansion teams in the league ASAP!! Too much talent getting cut.

I am a casual follower of the WNBA. Had tickets the first 10+ years for the LIbs and one season after we moved out here had a multiple game package for the Merc. The problem with going to Merc games is they are in Phoenix, it is 2 hours away, it is too late to drive home after the game and a hassle to drive up.

As to TV, its very fragmented, now. Back when it was ESPN and NBA TV only, we probably did better, there were less games on but we watched a much higher percentage. Now, at least for a number of years, just a couple of games watched on TV a year.

The problem is, we do have a bunch of food, HGTV, a few weekly and daily shows - talk, political, comedy, and special reports (PBS type stuff) that we like to catch (we don't do series TV). In the football, Women's College Basketball, Softball, NFL seasons, we end up missing a lot of our regular TV, so, the summer is literally "catch-up" time.

Reactions: RUcrazee
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT