ADVERTISEMENT

Will JG attend our Spring game

Oh my God. Can we let it go and move on? You guys got worked up for months deluding yourselves into thinking he would come here.

Haskins will attend the spring game. Thats all that matters.

"Oh my God. Can we let it go and move on? You guys got worked up for months deluding yourselves into thinking he would come here"

Worked up and deluded ourselves?

Youre a jackass, the kid had Rutgers in his final TWO choices, so Rutgers had every right to be optimistic
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Originally posted by RutgersROB:
"Oh my God. Can we let it go and move on? You guys got worked up for months deluding yourselves into thinking he would come here"

Youre a jackass, the kid had Rutgers in his final TWO choices, so Rutgers had every right to be optimistic
Agree with Bob here. No one was delusional and we were in it the whole way. With that said, I also agree that we can let it go, but we don't need the fake Rutgers fans on here flaming people about being delusional for thinking we were in it.

Which final two is that? OSU & RU, or Tenn & RU? Because it was clear, as many others have said, that when he eliminated OSU if he really wanted to be here he would've committed then. But instead he looked for another program to fill the void and found Tenn.

I think it is a reasonable question if your concern is he is going to be recruiting for Tenn while there. If you believe it to be the case then he can watch the game from the stands like everyone else.

"He is not welcome & he knows it"

Your coaching staff needs to keep recruiting him ! It's a long ways to NSD 2016 and anything can happen. What if Tennessee has a real down year on the field and you guys have a decent season ? Who knows ? This is one area where Urban excels. He'll stay on a recruit if he/OSU still wants him. Flood needs to do the same !!! Don't give up. Long, long ways to go before it's official. I'd much rather see this kid in the BIG than Tennessee. Makes for a better conference. And I wouldn't slam him too hard on this board as recruits do read these things.

I think the coaching staff understands the situation and will stay in touch. However, clearly they will be looking for someone else who wants to play at RU. JG has to hope that Tenn. doesn't find another even better QB to add to their stable as there is a lot of time before he steps on campus. I'm not really sold on him truly wanting to stay in NJ.

One who cares?, two they can still recruit him without a SG Invite. 3 I would prefer they move on.

Coach Cartman is trying to bolster attendance and says that there will be "Punch and Pie" served at the game.

The kid has clearly stated that he will be RECRUITING FOR TENNESSE. Why in the world would we ever allow him to mingle with our spring game invitees?

NSD is a long ways away. Believe that the staff will continue to recruit him. Verbal commitments are worthless until the paper is signed in February.

Originally posted by hondolo:
NSD is a long ways away. Believe that the staff will continue to recruit him. Verbal commitments are worthless until the paper is signed in February.
Pretty sure he's enrolling early.

I read that too, and I also read here by a reliable poster that NJ Parochial FB players never enroll early. I forget the reason why.

Originally posted by rumn48:
Originally posted by hondolo:
Pretty sure he's enrolling early.

Originally posted by drewbagel423:

Which final two is that? OSU & RU, or Tenn & RU? Because it was clear, as many others have said, that when he eliminated OSU if he really wanted to be here he would've committed then. But instead he looked for another program to fill the void and found Tenn.

pretty sure the headlines in BOTH the Star Ledger and the Herald News say JG chooses Tennessee over Rutgers....

not JG chooses Tennessee over Ohio State AND Rutgers...

and there were multiple reports days and weeks before his announcement that Ohio State appeared to lose its way with JG down the stretch

either way to say Rutgers fans were worked up over nothing and deluded is wrong....so defend your dumb comment as much as youd like

Wouldnt be surprised. Another opportunity for him to draw attention to himself.

This post was edited on 4/18 5:59 PM by S_Janowski

Some fan of his needs to create a thread officially inviting him from the Rutgers fan base.

It is pretty obvious you are happy he chose UT over RU, because it supposedly gives validity to your statements declaring he never had any interest in RU. I guess you think posters will respect you more because you called it right. I wish you were more interested in the welfare of RU than in stroking your own ego. If you are really delusional enough to think most posters think you made this prediction due to exceptional insight, than you are even more clueless than most of us thought.

If the OP is a tool or if this is pure sarcasm kudos.
If the OP is serious this maybe the dumbest post EVER!

Originally posted by R1950:
"He is not welcome & he knows it"

Your coaching staff needs to keep recruiting him ! It's a long ways to NSD 2016 and anything can happen. What if Tennessee has a real down year on the field and you guys have a decent season ? Who knows ? This is one area where Urban excels. He'll stay on a recruit if he/OSU still wants him. Flood needs to do the same !!! Don't give up. Long, long ways to go before it's official. I'd much rather see this kid in the BIG than Tennessee. Makes for a better conference. And I wouldn't slam him too hard on this board as recruits do read these things.
Or maybe they have a real good year and one of the 3 4* recruits from last year becomes a star. If he knows he won't be playing for a while, he might reopen his recruiting.

Stop chasing him. We're not that desperate about a 16/17 year old kid. If he wants to come let him but a ticket and sit in the stands.

I urge anyone to watch the video on NJ.com where he says "I will never not listen to Rutgers" "Right now I'm committed to Tennessee". And the Vol's have 3- 4 start QB's on their roster and JG said that Butch promised him he would play 4 years.

This isn't over. Trust me. But for now move on.

You can really tell who understands recruiting and who doesn't on this issue alone. Anyone who believed there was a chance he was going to commit to RU last week simply wasn't paying attention. There was a 0% chance, and a bunch of us were on here telling people that, but they didn't want to listen. So yeah, they were deluded in thinking that things would turn out any differently. One obvious sign: where were the RU coaches on JG announcement date?

Originally posted by Ole Cabbagehead:

You can really tell who understands recruiting and who doesn't on this issue alone. Anyone who believed there was a chance he was going to commit to RU last week simply wasn't paying attention. There was a 0% chance, and a bunch of us were on here telling people that, but they didn't want to listen. So yeah, they were deluded in thinking that things would turn out any differently. One obvious sign: where were the RU coaches on JG announcement date?
Although I picked he was going to chose the Vol's, saying 0% is idiotic. It was a 50% -50% chance considering OSU was out of the running and RU was 1 of 2 schools. Simple math, duh.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT