ADVERTISEMENT

Wisconsin's Conference Schedule

Bones131

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
Aug 14, 2001
Reactions: ruready07
Wisconsin doesn't play OSU, MSU, Michigan or PSU this year. That is crazy. How can you be a traditional B1G program and the schedule makers decide that you will not play those four teams in a single year? That's why a 16 team conference is too unwieldy for football and a break-off of the top 64 teams would be bad for the fans.

http://www.fbschedules.com/ncaa-15/big-ten/2015-wisconsin-badgers-football-schedule.php
Because they only have two crossovers and we are one of them. I'm sure this is the case for a few western teams.

I understand why. It's just unfortunate if you are a fan of college football. Even if Wisconsin runs the conference table, who is going to respect it when those 4 teams are off the list? If they go undefeated for 12 games, UW would only get in the playoff because they scheduled Alabama OOC.

WOWWWWWW unbelievable! With a schedule like that the head coach can literally all but guarantee a 10 win season lol. It is crazy how the teams in the East division will NEVER get a schedule as easy as this. At least not for the next decade or two!

Last edited:
Yeah, and after Alabama, they play Miami (the one in Ohio), Troy and Hawaii before starting their less than rigorous B1G schedule. Maryland is their other crossover.

Wisconsin doesn't play OSU, MSU, Michigan or PSU this year.

Thats what happens when you have a 2 division, 14 team conf....as each and every year, you obiously play teams in your own conf...but you still only play (now), just 2 out of the other 7 teams from the other division.

Once we go to 3 crossover games, not getting one of UM/OSU/PSU/MSU will be a 1 in 35 chance, assuming my memory of probability is correct (picking a specific group of 3, i.e., RU, MD and IN, out of a total of 7 teams leads to 1 out of the total of 35 combinations of 3 at a time: 7!/(4! x 3!) = 35 total combinations). So once every 35 years, assuming they cycle through all the combos.

I understand why. It's just unfortunate if you are a fan of college football. Even if Wisconsin runs the conference table, who is going to respect it when those 4 teams are off the list? If they go undefeated for 12 games, UW would only get in the playoff because they scheduled Alabama OOC.

They would beat one of those 4 teams in the conference championship game if they made the playoffs.

Wisconsin doesn't play OSU, MSU, Michigan or PSU this year. That is crazy. How can you be a traditional B1G program and the schedule makers decide that you will not play those four teams in a single year? That's why a 16 team conference is too unwieldy for football and a break-off of the top 64 teams would be bad for the fans.

http://www.fbschedules.com/ncaa-15/big-ten/2015-wisconsin-badgers-football-schedule.php

If it makes you feel better in 2016 they play Michigan, MSU and OSU as their crossover games and LSU in OOC.

Give them credit for scheduling Alabama. And the game is at Alabama.

Actually, the Bama game is a kickoff type classic game at Jerry's World in TX.

In 2016, Wisconsin is playing LSU at Lambeau Field in Green Bay.
Thanks for the info. I had forgotten about that. I had just looked up the schedule and saw that Alabama was the home team.

Michigan and PSU might be better this year, but both sucked last year. Playing Rutgers and Maryland last year probably was tougher.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT