ADVERTISEMENT

Women’s Hoops Suffers First Loss to Stony Brook

No, I don't think Stony Brook has the talent that Depaul has. As I said, they are similar in certain ways that can help RU in prep for Depaul. I think Depaul has a better level of talent but there are a few key similarities.

They both are very aggressive on offense, they score a lot of points. Both look for the three as a major part of their game. Most of the core unit can score (balanced scoring). Generally, 4 or 5 players close to or above double figures in points. Many decent shooters who don't hesitate. Both look to push the pace.

Dynamic scoring guards, Warren for SB and Morris for Depaul, flanked with good supporting cast.

Like I said, Depaul is definitely stronger down in the post with the freshman Morrow. Stony Brook had no one in the post as athletic as her.

Depaul usually plays smart basketball. From the two games of SB that I've seen, they do too.

RU should be prepared to guard out to the three point line without over-running the shooters. Also, they must get back on defense, especially after scoring a bucket. SB answered our scores a few times in the blink of an eye by running right by us. Depaul , in the past is known for doing the same thing.

It’s going to be a long season and I don’t think Eatman is the answer. The current roster is slow, gives up easy baskets to bad teams and has zero fire on the court. Very sad to watch this team and I think they will have a hard time winning any game in conference this year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT