ADVERTISEMENT

Would a Corey Sanders fit in on this team?

Corey played the way he did because he had to. There were no other scoring options. Corey could easily play on this team and if he couldn’t that would be on the coaching staff.

Reactions: Unionst
Very different, and both valuable assets to RU..people forget the monster performance from Cory in the BTT at MSG..better than Edwards & Wagner.
.JY is the most athletic of the guards, and a great defender.. but Corey was more controlled on drives. The way all of the guards (Tez included) go thru good & bad spells, the more guards the merrier. JY dunk vs Purdue just edges the Corey BTT Indiana dunk, but Corey had a #1 top ten highlight on ESPN from OT game a few years earlier. (Myles too now)..
basically, with Corey on team, he would make the others better, (and vice versa)..as they would stick more to their role..

I mean yes if you could get everyone to buy into the minutes they would get but the reality is no one would so no.

Reactions: bac2therac
Everyone should be grateful to Corey and he was badly needed. Amazing how he asserted himself at MSG during the conference tournament, probably some of the greatest performances we’ve had given context.

I’m sure he’d contribute on the current team but I’d imagine he’d come off the bench, maybe somewhere between Young and Mathis in the rotation. Great defense and passing but limited offense (couldn’t use his left hand).

Reactions: AD888
Yes but it would completely change the rotation. You couldn't roll out Mathis Sanders and Young at once. One of McConnell or Mulchahy would need to play with two of those.

Maybe start corey and baker and put McConnell with young and Mathis. I wish he stayed as a senior but oh well MSG was fun

Yes but it would completely change the rotation. You couldn't roll out Mathis Sanders and Young at once. One of McConnell or Mulchahy would need to play with two of those.

Maybe start corey and baker and put McConnell with young and Mathis. I wish he stayed as a senior but oh well MSG was fun
If Corey had stayed for his senior year we probably would have gone to the NIT that year

Everyone should be grateful to Corey and he was badly needed. Amazing how he asserted himself at MSG during the conference tournament, probably some of the greatest performances we’ve had given context.

I’m sure he’d contribute on the current team but I’d imagine he’d come off the bench, maybe somewhere between Young and Mathis in the rotation. Great defense and passing but limited offense (couldn’t use his left hand).

I know this: His grit and heart would've come in handy during our 5 game skid, when most of the team was sulking and spending too much time in their own heads.

Reactions: GORU2014
Thanks to Corey for playing is best for Rutgers when the team was at rock bottom. But he would not fit in with this team

Reactions: Greene Rice FIG
I know this: His grit and heart would've come in handy during our 5 game skid, when most of the team was sulking and spending too much time in their own heads.
It really would’ve been nice to see him in more of a pure PG role with talented upperclassmen around him, instead of having to create pretty much all of the offensive opportunities by himself for so long.

Corey's game was not efficient and I said so at the time. Perhaps he plays differently with more talent and in a winning program, but I doubt it. He won us games at the last minute, but cost us so much more through brick after brick.

Corey and Geo would be the starting guards and get the most minutes.

I figure I will screw with the brains here a bit, so here goes

I stopped on THE ESPN channel yesterday when they were discussing some possible NCAA teams

once done, one of the commentators asked, if there is one team out there, that maybe really isn't a top team, that a player on that team could carry them deep into the tourney

the other commentator came up with.......Mac Mcclung of Texas tech

so, if we were to go a bit off the rails, what IF Mac had come here...... would he ever been able to fit the system?..... would he have been a plus or negative overall, as we are a team that
stresses the defense so much....and which player would not have been here because of him?

and, before someone starts with, stop lamenting about a missed player, etc.....this is not about that....it is basically the same question about Sanders, just a substitute for him as the example.....

the one commentator mentioned he is hitting over 40% of his threes, as part of his reasoning for saying he can carry a team

Goku said:
Thanks to Corey for playing is best for Rutgers when the team was at rock bottom. But he would not fit in with this team
BAC>Completely agree with you
_____________________________________________________________________________________________
I agree with BAC and Goku

I figure I will screw with the brains here a bit, so here goes

I stopped on THE ESPN channel yesterday when they were discussing some possible NCAA teams

once done, one of the commentators asked, if there is one team out there, that maybe really isn't a top team, that a player on that team could carry them deep into the tourney

the other commentator came up with.......Mac Mcclung of Texas tech

so, if we were to go a bit off the rails, what IF Mac had come here...... would he ever been able to fit the system?..... would he have been a plus or negative overall, as we are a team that
stresses the defense so much....and which player would not have been here because of him?

and, before someone starts with, stop lamenting about a missed player, etc.....this is not about that....it is basically the same question about Sanders, just a substitute for him as the example.....

the one commentator mentioned he is hitting over 40% of his threes, as part of his reasoning for saying he can carry a team
He would’ve been fine here. I’ve been told he was turned off by a former player on his visit.

every once in a while I’ll see Sanders stats from Poland and he appears to be a more complete player with decent assist numbers

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT