ADVERTISEMENT

WTF !!!! Mich St scoreboard has Hitler trivia question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who on earth would make that a trivia question at a college football game? Even more so in 2023. The entire MSU program needs to be blown up

Reactions: Wagram97
We demoralized them. We ruined them for anyone else.

It's kinda funny, actually.

Bet they just bought some service.. some service that offers general trivia stuff for events.. some service that did not consider what its clients might find problems with. Imagine a question of what year Israel was founded being played at a futbol game in Saudi Arabia... or don't imagine anything and reference this Hitler thing. Giant Hitler in Uniform on the scoreboard.. sheesh...

There seemed to be little outrage when faculty at elite schools cheered and encouraged brutality and savagery over the last couple of weeks. One Cornell prof thought it was exhilarating. In no way is this a defense of MSU, but think about a stupid low level employee running a scoreboard at a football game versus full professors at elite schools who are teaching and shaping the thought process of young people. The scoreboard was not promoting or touting Hitler. What we saw and heard on many campuses the past 2 weeks from professors and students was much worse. Again, this is no defense of MSUs error

There seemed to be little outrage when faculty at elite schools cheered and encouraged brutality and savagery over the last couple of weeks. One Cornell prof thought it was exhilarating. In no way is this a defense of MSU, but think about a stupid low level employee running a scoreboard at a football game versus full professors at elite schools who are teaching and shaping the thought process of young people. The scoreboard was not promoting or touting Hitler. What we saw and heard on many campuses the past 2 weeks from professors and students was much worse. Again, this is no defense of MSUs error

Well said.

Reactions: JRZEER
^^^^THIS^^^^ Just can’t believe what is being said on many college campuses, and why more are not expressing outrage

^^^^THIS^^^^ Just can’t believe what is being said on many college campuses, and why more are not expressing outrage
We know why, but if we say it, thread will get locked. Isn't the saying love is love? All hate and bigotry is wrong? Violence and killing is not acceptable. We need to do better for our young people.

I think its because media isnt really talking about these incidents like they do if 12 nazis rally in a street on a Sunday. If you use Twitter thats when you are getting the stories of the anti semitic postings by professors and tearing down of posters of missing Israelis . Sad what is now being justified but here we are. Rutgers affiliated professors spouting evil on msnbc too

This MSU story will get play not because its repugnant which it is but because its an easy sell to the public

Compare what the President of UF said to the what was heard out of Harvard, Cornell, Stanford…
“I will not tiptoe around this simple fact: What Hamas did is evil and there is no defense for terrorism. This shouldn’t be hard. Sadly, too many people in elite academia have been so weakened by their moral confusion that, when they see videos of raped women, hear of a beheaded baby, or learn of a grandmother murdered in her home, the first reaction of some is to “provide context” and try to blame the raped women, beheaded baby, or the murdered grandmother. In other grotesque cases, they express simple support for the terrorists.
This thinking isn’t just wrong, it’s sickening. It’s dehumanizing. It is beneath people called to educate our next generation of Americans.”

No outrage? I know it fits the narrative of many on the right to say this but it is completely untrue. Pick up a left leaning NY Times or Washington Post and you will see endless outrage. Read the comments sections of those papers on line. How about the many business leaders who have criticized their alma maters and threatened to pull funding. C’mon, you guys are in a bubble.

No outrage? I know it fits the narrative of many on the right to say this but it is completely untrue. Pick up a left leaning NY Times or Washington Post and you will see endless outrage. Read the comments sections of those papers on line. How about the many business leaders who have criticized their alma maters and threatened to pull funding. C’mon, you guys are in a bubble.
Seems like it’s you who are in the bubble, and trying to politicize a tragedy. This shouldn’t be a right or left issue. Everyone should be united in their disgust about what is being allowed to pass as free speech on many of our college campuses. In almost all other cases it would be labeled as hate speech and shut down immediately.

Seems like it’s you who are in the bubble, and trying to politicize a tragedy. This shouldn’t be a right or left issue. Everyone should be united in their disgust about what is being allowed to pass as free speech on many of our college campuses. In almost all other cases it would be labeled as hate speech and shut down immediately.
I wasn’t the one to say the media wasn’t covering this. That’s absolute bs that the media is not covering this. And blaming the media is the theme of the right. Just the way it is.no politicization. There is plenty of outrage.

So, naturally, you're just as outraged at the atrocities the Russians have been committing for the last 21 months and are totally committed to the defense of Ukraine, right?

There was huge outrage from alumni

Reactions: redking
So, naturally, you're just as outraged at the atrocities the Russians have been committing for the last 21 months and are totally committed to the defense of Ukraine, right?
Wtf does this have to do with growing anti-Semitism on college campuses?

There was huge outrage from alumni
You are correct. I could have been more precise in my comments. I was referring to internally (University governance) and from a segment of the news media. Well, money talks, and now that large donors and influential alumni are speaking out, it seems University governors (Presidents, trustees) are taking note.

Pretty good writeup here (and I have no idea if Politico has any bias, and I don't care-this particular piece seemed fairly factual):

Reactions: redking and Randal7
You are correct. I could have been more precise in my comments. I was referring to internally (University governance) and from a segment of the news media. Well, money talks, and now that large donors and influential alumni are speaking out, it seems University governors (Presidents, trustees) are taking note.

Pretty good writeup here (and I have no idea if Politico has any bias, and I don't care-this particular piece seemed fairly factual):
Yes. Fair point sir

Reactions: Knight Shift
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT