ADVERTISEMENT

"Yet" Will Never Come

It never was.. Only the reason he's back at Rutgers, bc no one else was senseless enough to hire him

• Haha
Reactions: fatsam98
Do these guys/gals realize that Greg took over one of the worst teams in college football. And not a team that was struggling for a year or two, but one that went 9-39 the four seasons before he came back. We are 9-10 over our last 19 games, versus 9 of FORTY-EIGHT. It’s not easy turning around a team of a 100 rostered players. Also, we are in one of the toughest divisions in college football and it’s not going to get easier.

What is wrong with you guys?
So much and it’s the same couple dozen of people. I will refrain from using adjectives so I don’t upset anyone. But another fan called them losers in a separate thread. I’m not calling them that. I’m just alluding to other peoples opinion's so a certain fan doesn’t attack me again😎

Had a Bad team and not getting full share of money. The staff now is much better.

Had a Bad team and not getting full share of money. The staff now is much better.
Biggest difference this year has been as a result of coaching change. We saw it last year with the new DC and this year with the new OC and O-Line coach. Generally speaking the guys have been more fundamentally sound with few exceptions.

Reactions: koleszar and Jimpeg
Aside from this falling flat on it's face, why do we need a new thread for this? Just post it in the game day thread.

It never was.. Only the reason he's back at Rutgers, bc no one else was senseless enough to hire him
I don't know who these clowns thought could/would come here and make Rutgers competitive with the likes of Ohio State, Michigan, and Pedd State. Vince Lombardi or Ara Parseghian aren't coming here. And Rutgers is not building a 100,000 seat stadium and filling it for home games in the future....no matter who is the head coach.
Most non-Rutgers college football fans that I know recognize that GS has improved Rutgers more than they thought anyone could once before and may be on the cusp of doing it again....even better this time. And none of them think we can achieve the level of success of the three top dogs in the Big Ten.

I think it's safe to say that we are going nowhere with this staff.
Some hall of fame bad takes around this game. OP teaches at PSU iirc and, in the past, I thought he really was a fan. But now.. I am not so sure. Perhaps his whole persona was manufactured to give him some kind of appearance of perspective for his attack posts. Not so over-the-top.. referencing the successful program he is closest too.. has knowledge of.. pretending he really cares...

Some hall of fame bad takes around this game. OP teaches at PSU iirc and, in the past, I thought he really was a fan. But now.. I am not so sure. Perhaps his whole persona was manufactured to give him some kind of appearance of perspective for his attack posts. Not so over-the-top.. referencing the successful program he is closest too.. has knowledge of.. pretending he really cares...
I tend to agree with you and have though a pretend RU fan for awhile now

Reactions: GoodOl'Rutgers
I tend to agree with you and have though a pretend RU fan for awhile now
The real fans who are overtly negative more than not.. I can accept that... to some degree. After all.. I was once asked what its like to be a Rutgers fan... my answer was one word.. "heartache".. this was during the Shea years. But we all know there are those who ENJOY hating on Rutgers. The kind of pathetic people who love to tear down others to feel "good" about themselves (like I am doing right now.. at least I am not one of those jackholes - perfect use of irony and hypocrisy.. hypocrony).

Last edited:
Reactions: MADHAT1
The real fans who are overtly negative more than not.. I can accept that... to some degree. After all.. I was once asked what its like to be a Rutgers fan... my answer was one word.. "heartache".. this was during the Shea years. But we all know there are those who ENJOY hating on Rutgers. The kind fo pathetic people who love to tear down others to feel "good" about themselves (like I am doing right now.. at least I am not one of those jackholes - perfect use of irony and hypocrisy.. hypocrony).
add frustrating to the heartache , because once we think everything is getting better, something comes along that makes it look otherwise.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT