ADVERTISEMENT

You Want A Piece of Me?

Thanks for stopping by and hoping for good discussion, but is the thread title really necessary?

Reactions: LETSGORU91
Welcome to the board. Thx for stopping by. Who do you think will be the starter Saturday?
My guess is Jackson

Each time they have made a real QB "choice" it was him. He throws a better long ball, and we have not yet shown we can run it well, so we are also likely to "choose" "let's throw it long" as the strategery of the week.

But we also hide that kind of info like an Enigma code, cause not telling opponents stuff like that allegedly gives us a big advantage. We are tricksy.

Always fun when opposing team fans visit us before games. Looks like you guys have a good one in your frosh receiver Cooper Jr. that was a really cool catch in Q3.

Reactions: CalGarfish
My guess is Jackson

Each time they have made a real QB "choice" it was him. He throws a better long ball, and we have not yet shown we can run it well, so we are also likely to "choose" "let's throw it long" as the strategery of the week.

But we also hide that kind of info like an Enigma code, cause not telling opponents stuff like that allegedly gives us a big advantage. We are tricksy.
If your coach does his homework he will likely go with your most mobile option, honestly. Which looks from the stats like it might be your other guy?

Overall our D is solid but we flat out stink at defending QB draws and scrambles.

Reactions: wheezer
If your coach does his homework he will likely go with your most mobile option, honestly. Which looks from the stats like it might be your other guy?

Overall our D is solid but we flat out stink at defending QB draws and scrambles.
That's what I thought going into Michigan, but we are tinkering. We fired our OC, had a bye week, went to Michigan and rotated the QB's to test them out with the new OC.

"Arm talent" is like crack to football coaches. So my guess is Jackson again.

Long time IU fan, with scar tissue to show it
Also grew up in Owensboro, Kentucky, where Gavin Wimsatt grew up

Willing to discuss our upcoming football game
Therapists tell me it will help
Welcome! We love visitors. Not sure what kind of crowd RU will bring. Bloomington is on our list, but we did Camp Randall a couple of weeks ago.

We feel your pain! 2015-19 were some extremely dark years for us. At least we have had basketball to fall back o lately, and maybe, just maybe, we notch an early season (for us) 6th victory and go bowling. I have said on these boards, I expect a hard fought game.

Question- is the $20 million buyout prohibitive to firing Allen?

As a lifelong inhabitant of West Kentucky and Southern Indiana, I am something of a well-honed smart-aleck. Nothing personal - just incapable of playing it straight.
Well then, here you go! 😉

ron-harper-jr.jpg

The IU coaching staff is saying they want to pick a QB to be "The Guy" for the rest of the season. So I don't think they will pick someone based on him being more mobile against RU.

What are your thoughts on Wimsatt? Did you expect more from him at the college level at this point or do you think his progression is reasonable since he's still only 19?

Reactions: Knight Shift
Welcome! We love visitors. Not sure what kind of crowd RU will bring. Bloomington is on our list, but we did Camp Randall a couple of weeks ago.

We feel your pain! 2015-19 were some extremely dark years for us. At least we have had basketball to fall back o lately, and maybe, just maybe, we notch an early season (for us) 6th victory and go bowling. I have said on these boards, I expect a hard fought game.

Question- is the $20 million buyout prohibitive to firing Allen?
The public belief on the buyout is yes.

Allen is a popular "man" but his "coach" seat is warming fast.

AD has said our big new TV money "is already spent" and IU usually spends on hoops, and spends on football only when forced.

Bloomington and surrounding area is worth visiting. Nice campus. Some nice state parks close by. French Lick has a nice old spa-like hotel with expensive golf. Bloomington has a medley of good restaurants for its size, and the occasional good music option.

As a lifelong inhabitant of West Kentucky and Southern Indiana, I am something of a well-honed smart-aleck. Nothing personal - just incapable of playing it straight.
And irredeemable as well? If so, you are very welcome here sir

The IU coaching staff is saying they want to pick a QB to be "The Guy" for the rest of the season. So I don't think they will pick someone based on him being more mobile against RU.

What are your thoughts on Wimsatt? Did you expect more from him at the college level at this point or do you think his progression is reasonable since he's still only 19?
I gotta admit most locals were surprised when Wimsatt went to Rutgers early - and it hurt the local HS basketball teams chances - they have been to the state tournament more than any other school - had several UK players from town.

Personally, I felt he was flying under the radar because the Bowling Green teams at that time were the ones challenging the Louisville big schools.

I expect him to continue to get better. Are y'all patient?

Reactions: thegock

Ooops. Forgot the most important part - "chicks dig the long ball."

My guess is Jackson

Allan and Schiano must have attended the same workshop for covert football operations at the 2002 National Football Coaches convention in Minneapolis.

Football shmootball, these are the real questions to be answered.

1) Have you eaten at Grazie Italiano?
2) Is the Scholars Inn Bakehouse still in operation?
3) Did you ever have coffee at the Copper Cup before it closed?

Last edited:
I expect him to continue to get better. Are y'all patient?
Yes, we've been patient and he is getting better. At this point, he has a very nice touch/floater pass that is accurate. Where he is currently struggling is on the regular throws. If he can improve his accuracy and figure out when to throw it hard and when to take a little off, he'll be really good.

You mentioned Bowling Green and Louisville. My understanding is that UK had offered him and that's where the locals were pushing him.

I hope those therapists told you to stay off your Indiana board during the game and maybe check the RU board if game is close to learn how fast RU fans can get panic attacks if everything isn't going perfectly during the game even when ahead, but god help those that read the board if something bad happens.

😉

Football shmootball, these are the real questions to be answered.

1) Have you eaten at Grazie Italiano?
2) Is the Scholars Inn Bakehouse still in operation?
3) Did you ever have coffee at the Copper Cup before it closed?
1. No, and she’s a-close. No more.

2. Yes.

3. No. My coffee joint was The Daily Grind on Kirkwood. The girl that worked there captivated me for 3 years.

I try to frequent The Uptown or Runcible Spoon for breakfast, Nick’s English Hut for sports and plain beer, The Chocolate Moose for soft ice cream, and Mother Bears for pizza. Plain tastes.

2. Yes.

3. No. My coffee joint was The Daily Grind on Kirkwood. The girl that worked there captivated me for 3 years.

I try to frequent The Uptown or Runcible Spoon for breakfast, Nick’s English Hut for sports and plain beer, The Chocolate Moose for soft ice cream, and Mother Bears for pizza. Plain tastes.
Always love the food recommendations in the Stadium area!

That's what I thought going into Michigan, but we are tinkering. We fired our OC, had a bye week, went to Michigan and rotated the QB's to test them out with the new OC.

"Arm talent" is like crack to football coaches. So my guess is Jackson again.
"Arm talent" is like crack to football coaches". I am so stealing that.

Thx for stopping by. As some said above, always cool to have cordial visiting fans. Re: you growing up in Owensboro, interesting. So does that mean you were very aware of Gavin when he was coming out as a recruit? And if yes, did you want him to be a Hoosier? Did they recruit him? And did y'all both attend the same high school? Sorry for the 500 questions, haha. Just curious since it's a cool connection. And if you DID both go to the same HS, and you still have pride for your HS/hometown, then that means there has to be a small % of you, even if it's 1%, that secretly wants him to do well Saturday, haha.

This is the classic trap game for us so I’m far from confident in this one on the road.

That said, Jackson looks like a pretty good match up for us. At least on paper… Negative rushing stats in all but one or two games and sacked 8 times. It looks like he hasn’t rushed or scrambled once for more than 7 yards all season (and hasn’t rushed/scrambled for positive yards more than a handful of times). We’ve done well against the pocket passers we’ve faced (NW and Temple)x. Even against Michigan and Wisconsin we were oh so close on so many sacks that ended up going for big yard scrambles. Alas I know every game is different.

Always love the food recommendations in the Stadium area!
If you like Asian food in cozy little restaurants, Bloomington has a plethora of really good dining. Go to 4th Street which is one block south of Kirkwood. On that one block you will find the Siam House which is bigger than the other restaurants and has the best crab rangoon you will ever taste. On that same block are smaller restaurants often run by families offering Korean, Nepalese, Thai, Tibetan and Burmese food. They are all excellent. There was also an Indian restaurant, but I think it was closed. If you want a full Italian meal, go to De'Angelo's which is across from the college mall and is at least partially owned by DiNardo. Good food and wine selection. Lennie's on Kirkwood serves very good big burgers. There are a number of other great restaurants but they are spread around. Yanko's Little Zagreb is a great steak house in the downtown area, but difficult to get into on game day without a reservation. MTIOF's recommendations above are also very good. These restaurants are not around the stadium, but not that far as Bloomington is not very big.

Well.. here are the fears I see from a Rutgers perspective.. posted in another thread.

Last year Indiana played Maryland a lot closer and beat Michigan State. We beat Indiana in a home game by a TD.

Yes, Rutgers is 5-2 and is playing at Indian for a bowl game.. having Ohio State, Iowa, Penn State and Maryland afterward.. this is the "best bet" for that all-important 6th win.

BUT.. Indiana has 2 wins. They have arguably, 3 games at teh end of the season that could be wins for them, assuming the other 2 are out of reach (I forget who.. Wisconsin and someone).

So, THIS game vs Rutgers could be a must-win for Indiana to try for 6 and a bowl game.

I think both sides will be UP for this game. I hope so anyway. I'd rather get that 6th win in a hard-fought game. Earn your way to a bowl game.

Oh.. and I need betting advice.. what's the Cutters' chances this year in the 500?

2. Yes.

Dayam, that makes me sad about Grazie even though I haven't been to Bloomington for a few years. I was trying to think of the sports bar whose owner I had dinner with one night at Grazie's simply by chance. I sit down and am reading a book while waiting for the waiter, and she and her friend come in and are seated at the table next to me. So we start talking and I end up hanging with them. Inside details about things won't be revealed, but I still think about that dinner.

Reactions: Knight Shift
Dayam, that makes me sad about Grazie even though I haven't been to Bloomington for a few years. I was trying to think of the sports bar whose owner I had dinner with one night at Grazie's simply by chance. I sit down and am reading a book while waiting for the waiter, and she and her friend come in and are seated at the table next to me. So we start talking and I end up hanging with them. Inside details about things won't be revealed, but I still think about that dinner.
For those who know the man, does this seem surprising at all…

“Did you hear the one about… @RutgersRaRa enters a bar/restaurant and ends up making friends?”

Look at you going full negative nancy. 😜 We need @rutgersal in this thread to bring up the mood.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT