ADVERTISEMENT

Your thoughts on a new baseball coach ?

I think we should be looking for a coach with a resume like the softball coach. Very good player, coached at a major program had success at a smaller school, that was worse in the seasons before hire.

I think the assistant coach at vandy should be a top choice. He is a bit different, however he has a great track record. The west chester coach is a legitimate option. The uconn coach. The st. johns coach is probably too old and might not leave. Darren fenster is an interesting option of an alum who is coaching. Though I think we really need an experienced college coach.
Did we part ways with our current coach? If not, that needs to be a big Step 1.

Last edited:
Meanwhile, BC is headed to the ACC semi-finals after beating Clemson and Louisville, with a roster full of MA, NH, and CT kids, plus a few from NJ. We can’t even make the Big Ten Tournament. No excuse for that.

Reactions: zappaa
Let’s see how many of our current players the Cape League is interested in.

Montclair SS, and a hell of a player Conner McGrath... headed to UMASS.

Seton Hall has kids going to Vanderbilt and Virginia... plus two to URI (Rhode Island)

Looks like we won't be changing coaches. Read an article somewhere (can't recall where) noting that Rutgers is young and developing talent. Led me to believe Hobbs won't make change this year.

The State University of New Jersey needs to stop settling. We are in the Big Ten !!!

Looks like we won't be changing coaches. Read an article somewhere (can't recall where) noting that Rutgers is young and developing talent. Led me to believe Hobbs won't make change this year.
That doesnt mean anything. Who cares about this season. He cant recruit. He never should have been hired and he should have been fired each season.

Now you read some article and that means he wont be fired. When is this article that your basing this on from?

That could be Matt. I know things have worked out with Coach Pike,but I really wish our athletic department would stop looking for new coaches from rinkydink schools like FordhamManhattan, etc. We are in the Big Ten and we should generally be looking for either assistants at major schools or head coaches at mid major schools,regardless of the sport.Yes, I know Coach Ash came from a background of major schools, but in general we have to stop looking for coaches at small time schools.

That doesnt mean anything. Who cares about this season. He cant recruit. He never should have been hired and he should have been fired each season.

Now you read some article and that means he wont be fired. When is this article that your basing this on from?
Relax. I have no idea whether he’ll not be fired or not, just like you have no idea if he’ll be fired or not. Just noted I read somewhere a positive article on roster youth. Who knows if the writer was any good or not.

He needs to be canned. Every year there is another excuse as to why we didn't make the tourney or have a good year. Culture change, not all his players on the roster, injuries, etc. Now the reason we stink is because the team was really young? Guys had over five years to recruit his own roster. If he's making excuses for his own recruiting being bad then how can you possibly extend him? Really hope Hobbs is using basic common sense here

You sure this wasn't about Ash? Because I remember reading that asinine letter of his stating the exact same thing. Guys, been here for all of 3-1/2 yrs. and already he's using the same old cliché's over and over again.

1) who made the starter?

2) the comment, stand-alone, doesn’t mean too much I’m the grand scheme of things either way IMHO

Might as well keep Litterio if you're not going to have a real division I ballpark. No coach will be able to recruit with what we have now

1) who made the starter?

2) the comment, stand-alone, doesn’t mean too much I’m the grand scheme of things either way IMHO
All irrelevant now. He’s gone. Now the big question is successor. NJ.com has Cundari and Ioviero as possibilities. Thoughts?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT