ADVERTISEMENT

Zags - Huskies

Hurley has created a basketball monster. They are likely to win the whole thing. Hurley will be courted many schools. If he leaves UConn , would they come after Pike?

Hurley has created a basketball monster. They are likely to win the whole thing. Hurley will be courted many schools. If he leaves UConn , would they come after Pike?

go fuck yourself middle finger GIF

Reactions: FastMJ and shields
Power 6 Final 4 teams so far:
ACC - O (1 possible)
BIG East - 1 (1 more possible) 🥳
Big 12 - O (1 possible)
Big 14 - 0
Pac 12 - O
SEC - 0

They came in 4th in the Big East it not like this this a dynasty. They got hot in the tournament and have made a nice run but let’s not go crazy.
They've blown everyone out in the dance and are in the final four... But let's not get crazy.

• Haha
Reactions: CL82
Ahh man...I stay off of social media because it seems like everyone's mind automatically envisions the worst possible outcome....how did we get to pike leaving? this is how banks are crashing these days. Lol one troll posts some fud and next thing you know everyone's repeating an even darker version of what was originally feared. Then everyone withdraws their liquidity to put it in.......Another bank lol hope recruits don't read this board...try to maintain a positive outlook, it's helped me a lot in life, you don't even realize how much it will change. Imagine and anticipate only good scenarios but prepare for the worst.

Reactions: William J. Leggett
UConn has quickly replaced Villanova as the best team in the North East.

IMHO Gonzaga was way overrated. They got a lot of credit for beating a lot of average teams on the road, and Timme has the same chance of being an OK NBA player as Cliff. Temple overrated also because this whole quad system stinks. Record aside, you can't be a number one seed and lose to Temple at home, period. Leave it up to a committee of ex-college basketball coaches to pick the field and do the seeding - no sports writers, no AD's and no self anointed analysts or bracketologists, and no offensive or defensive efficiency numbers, just who you beat and where you beat them, and not by how many points either because that's against the spirit of college sports - to totally trash a bunch of young college students once they're already down and to keep kids who work hard in practice from at least getting garbage time.

Last edited:
I'm thinking everyone on Gonzaga would start for Rutgers. Come on man. Lol oh cam Spencer wld probably start at guard otherwise their starting 5 is way more talented than RUs was..
Take away Timme and that team wins six or seven less games even in that crappy league. They have nice wins over Alabama and Kentucky. They beat MSU by 1 and got clobbered by Purdue. In the tournament they beat 15th seeded Grand Canyon, a TCU team that was 9-9 in the their conference, and got obliterated by UCONN. The rest of their wins came over the following:

North Florida
Portland
Portland State
Kent State
Washington
Northern Illinois
Montana
Easter Oregon
Pepperdine
San Francisco (2)
Santa Clara (2)
BYU (2)
St. Marys
Pacific
Loyola Marymount

We win 25 easy playing those teams. Hell, we did better than them against MSU and Purdue, our only two common opponents.

Last edited:
Reactions: William J. Leggett
"We win 25 easy playing those teams. Hell, we did better than them against MSU and Purdue, our only two common opponents."

More of this facile and misleading "logic" -- by this way of thinking Seton Hall is even better than Gonzaga because they actually beat the Huskies while the Zags got blown out of the building.

Both theses are ridiculous, and utterly incorrect.

"We win 25 easy playing those teams. Hell, we did better than them against MSU and Purdue, our only two common opponents."

More of this facile and misleading "logic" -- by this way of thinking Seton Hall is even better than Gonzaga because they actually beat the Huskies while the Zags got blown out of the building.

Both theses are ridiculous, and utterly incorrect.
I wasn't just talking about comparative scores, but their overall schedule. You're telling me that we wouldn't have won 6 more games playing that schedule? You're the one not being logical.

Reactions: RUChoppin
I wasn't just talking about comparative scores, but their overall schedule. You're telling me that we wouldn't have won 6 more games playing that schedule? You're the one not being logical.

It's definitely a much easier path to the tournament for Gonzaga than any team in the B1G. There are really just two competitive teams... if you ARE one of those teams, then there's only one competitive opponent. The B1G has 12 teams that are better than the 3rd team in the WCC.

The way some of our fans have annointed UConn one of the great teams of all time and Danny as Coach K, they better roll through the Final Four. To date, while they blown out the teams they played, they beaten Iona, won the WCC, and beat the 8th place team in the SEC. It might one of the softest paths to a final four in history.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT