ADVERTISEMENT

Don't look RU fans ...The "RU doesn’t run offense claim is DEBUNKED .....

So he recruits bad FT and 3 pt shooting? Ok clearly not his fault ! 😆
You said he doesn't practice free throws and various nonsense. I said recruiting was bad because the program was bad, as he inherited it. He's done wonders working with under recruited athletic kids that don't have shooting touch. Those were the best kids he could get. Now that he's had some success he's recruiting at a very high level.

Reactions: RUDivision
Why are Pikes team Always a bad FT shooting team? Regardless of roster? Just a coincidence clearly not his fault
I mean it’s not regardless of roster.. it’s because of the roster.

Like stumbling into this realization should make you realize the primary reason for the offensive struggles of Pike’s teams is the players on the team but somehow you come to the opposite conclusion which is that he is somehow teaching D1 level basketball players to miss free throws lmao

Reactions: Eagleton96
He’s known to be horrible at his inbounds plays. Paul leaving thankfully corrected that. Penn state at home ND in play in game (Paul n pike were horrible at inbounding the ball)
And you did it again!

You think
(A) the problem was fixed when a specific player left and
(B) it’s a coaching issue

You are smoking the good shit I swear

And you did it again!

You think
(A) the problem was fixed when a specific player left and
(B) it’s a coaching issue

You are smoking the good shit I swear
Look at inbounds success year over year my little spreadsheet boy

Uh, I don’t think they keep that stat but also I wasn’t disagreeing with that part you special little guy
You will find it ! Put the trombone down and look! Glad you agree and continue to follow me around the boards like my little excel buddy

You will find it ! Put the trombone down and look! Glad you agree and continue to follow me around the boards like my little excel buddy
I don’t get the trombone thing at all. Do you have me confused with someone else?

Also not sure if you’re aware but the board actually notifies me when you quote my post. Technology is incredible!

So you’re ignoring pikes reputation as having teams with strong rebounding in fundamentals prior to this year?
Yes. We don't box out. I don't need to know what someone's reputation is to see that when the ball goes in the air, our players don't body-up on an opposing player. It just doesn't happen.

You don’t think they practice free throws?
I have no doubt that at times during the day, our players go to a free throw line and shoot free throws. Do I believe every practice there's an edict that "You will shoot free throws until you make 10-15 in a row ... and then we'll hold actual practice" (or similar)? No. Do I believe every practice ends with each player making 100 free throws before they are allowed to leave? No. I just do not believe it is a point of emphasis.

Yes. We don't box out. I don't need to know what someone's reputation is to see that when the ball goes in the air, our players don't body-up on an opposing player. It just doesn't happen.

I have no doubt that at times during the day, our players go to a free throw line and shoot free throws. Do I believe every practice there's an edict that "You will shoot free throws until you make 10-15 in a row ... and then we'll hold actual practice" (or similar)? No. Do I believe every practice ends with each player making 100 free throws before they are allowed to leave? No. I just do not believe it is a point of emphasis.
They would be practicing until 3 AM. Most of our players are not good shooters. Some of that repetition would be reinforcing bad habits. Of course, you can always improve your shooting, but true shooters are almost always created before college. We typically do not recruit these players for some reason and consequently have players at almost every position that can’t shoot.

I remember being excited to have Cam and Gavin on the court this year since we almost never have two shooters on the court. Then Cam screwed us and Gavin was a bust as a shooter…and here we are.

Reactions: Eagleton96
Umm you chase me around so I am glad your a fan!

Happy Very Funny GIF by Disney Zootopia

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT