ADVERTISEMENT

Zags weighs in on coach Pikiell's to do list

Victor Cruz has been to about 2 Rutgers BB over the years. Recruits didn't care.

Step 11: Give me scoops or I'll bust your balls.

Chris Smith is a ridiculous suggestion and for some reason I bet it's to cozy up to Smith. Zags always looking for scoops.

I don't think Zags hates Rutgers. He just writes what people tell him to write.

Nothing new here that we all haven't discussed before and what Politi already wrote. The one idea that I brought up before Zags mentioned it here, was to pay Calhoun as an advisor to Pikiell. I think that would be an incredible idea and help with recruiting immediately.

This would really help, but don't see it happening.

Calhoun isn't going to take a job at another northeast school even if it's as a consultant .

I have nothing against Zags but the new coach should be reaching out to people that have had experience in building B1G level programs.

From Zags - "What if Pikiell were to make Calhoun some kind of special advisor to the program, similar to what Gene Keady was to Steve Lavin at St. John's? Calhoun would bring instant credibility and a knowledge of the Northeast."

How did that work out for Lavin & St John's?

Reactions: MADHAT1
Amazing that Zags feels as he does. Victor Cruz? Who would care? Talk to the coaches? Duh!!! Contact the AAU guys? Offer the good kids with potential right now? But what gets me is he has some great info and is a good read but does he or any of the others walking around who never played the game never mind coached anything other than Peewee, biddy, or matbe CYO 10 and under really know anything! I often read so many with information that is good and bad! Anyway an exciting time for RU!.

From Zags - "What if Pikiell were to make Calhoun some kind of special advisor to the program, similar to what Gene Keady was to Steve Lavin at St. John's? Calhoun would bring instant credibility and a knowledge of the Northeast."

How did that work out for Lavin & St John's?

8 seasons before Lavin, 0 NCAA bids. 5 seasons with Lavin, 2 bids.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT